A Night Off

JimmyDCFC

32 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

why? why don't they show some skill levels relative to how good they re supposed to be at their jobs first. If I turned up to work and performed badly 8 days running I'd be out the door 

As has been pointed out, because that's what we do as fans. What's the point of going if we're just going to quietly sit there waiting for inspiration? It's much more fun - and more effective - if we turn up and have a sing song regardless of result and performance. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DenbyRam said:

I must have been at another game, because as far as I was concerned we never turned up at all against Man U. Waste of £40. 

I'm hoping tomorrow will be different. 

But we do need to get behind the players whatever. A thumping defeat could be terrible for confidence levels and some more important upcoming matches. 

We never even tried to win that game I was so furious afterwards, it was the FA cup at home and we never had a go, I could not forgive clement after that, lose heroically pleas not meakly ! 

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

To 'have a go' you need to play a high defensive line and press the opposition

If you do this against a team of Liverpool 's pace and quality the result could be embarrassing.

So you play deeper and this makes creating chances mire difficult, especially with the out of form forwards having to come in.

If we were flying high we might have a go.

I  think NP will want to avoid any demoralising defeats right now.

Hope I'm wrong and that we just go out and enjoy the experience.

11 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I seemed to hear the Sunderland fans booing their team off the park both at half and full time after they were beaten 3 nil at home by a pretty decent Everton side, why do people think it's just our fans

To be fair though. With Sunderland there has never been any desire shown by any of their managers or players to play progressive, attacking football and to at least try and better themselves.

This trend is still continuing with Moyes although its early days. I have total sympathy for the Mackems. Turning up week in week out, paying a fortune and just hoping not to get beaten and celebrate a 0-0 just so they can try and stay in a league that by playing this way, they'll never improve in.

If Derby were to get into the Premier League, if they approached games like Sunderland do and were over the moon to finish 4th bottom every year playing shocking football then I'd rather Derby stayed in the Championship.

10 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Always think the minutes applause works better. 

I have to disagree. I absolutely hate that silences have to be replaced by applause either because some idiots can't be trusted not to spoil it or because quietly reflecting on someone's life makes people feel uncomfortable.

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

To 'have a go' you need to play a high defensive line and press the opposition

If you do this against a team of Liverpool 's pace and quality the result could be embarrassing.

So you play deeper and this makes creating chances mire difficult, especially with the out of form forwards having to come in.

If we were flying high we might have a go.

I  think NP will want to avoid any demoralising defeats right now.

Hope I'm wrong and that we just go out and enjoy the experience.

I would be thinking along the lines of consolidation but as you point out, it wont be easy. I feel that we are able to equip ourselves better than Burton did at home to Liverpool and keep it to a respectable score line. Anything else a bonus.

Archived