Whats Happened To Sam Rush

ram1964

4 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I liked Sam Rush, he was the face of Derby when everything was perfect.  We made good signings, we played well, we scored goals, the relationship with the fans was great and it was great to be a Derby fan.

A lot has changed since then and very little for the better.

Since Sam sacked Nigel Clough you mean?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ramchester said:

I am. Enlighten me......

Afte clough the last 3 seasons genrally have seen us playing good offensive football competing for play off an automatic promotions ,reaching a play off final and raising everyones expectations for promotion.

The signing of Carson,Shacks.Bent and Ince at the time was what everybody cried out for as they made an impact  when they initially arrived.Wieman although not met alot of our expectation's isnt a bad player and hopefully will prove himself given the chance.The signings of Butterfield, Johnson, Baird and Pearce are up for speculation,but their is no doubt these players are proven at this level and capable if correctly managed to put in a shift.

Blackman seems to be a bad signing for us ,vydra,Anya,Wilson time will tell.Alot has happened at the club since Clough s departure and not all good i agree,present results are very disappointing but with the investment ,commitment recently thrown at the club i dont think the ambition of the club will wane until we achieve success.

If Clough was in charge would we have been promoted by now? Probably not.

Would we have been competing for plsy off positions? Who knows.

But to say its been down hill since Clough is preposterous.

Theres a time and place for both Sam and Mel to address things, but I think they realised they got carried away at the start of Mel's time. 

Rush is always there for the "new commercial partnership" announcement and so on, and if there is big club "organisational" level stuff, it might be appropriate, but for routine and first team, they dont need to be the face.

Archived