Swindon Town rip off fans

rynny

Swindon Town are charging their fans full price for a ticket that bought a ticket to the match that was abandoned against Bristol Rovers

TOWN’S re-arranged encounter with Bristol Rovers will be played on Tuesday 20th September with kick-off at 7.45pm.

The fixture last Saturday was abandoned due to adverse weather conditions at the County Ground. 

Swindon Town would like to advise supporters that the club must still cover matchday costs as they would for any home game. 

2016/17 Season Ticket holders will be able to gain entry with their Season Ticket as usual however, non-Season Ticket holders must purchase a new ticket at the prices outlined below. Please note – ticket refunds will not be available. 

Side Stands/Fast Plant Town End 

U11 with Junior Red*: FREE / FREE 
U11 - £2 / £2 
U17 - £8 / £8 
17-19 - £12 / £12 
Student***/O65 - £19 / £15 
Adult - £25 / £19 

*To qualify for a FREE Under 11s ticket, children need to join the Junior Red scheme for a one-off payment of £30. Proof of age will be required at the time of purchase. Under 11s must be accompanied by a full paying Adult. There is a maximum of two free tickets per full paying Adult

Do you think it is fair that they are charging full price for the match again or do you think the people that have already bought a ticket should receive another ticket for free or at a discounted price?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand that Swindon have to cover costs and it's a situation out of the club's control but I do also think that it should be half price for those that purchased tickets otherwise ST holders get away with paying nothing whilst those who purchased have to pay full price twice which isn't fair. Anyway, I went there with Torquay a few years ago and they wanted nearly 25 quid for us to sit in the away end for a cup match so in essence I couldn't give a toss about them. :lol: The sure did rip footy fans off that night I can tell you. ***** ground too and terrible view.

I understand the need to cover the costs by the club. Does the club however understand that there are people who have had the need to save money for getting the original ticket and don't have any chance to come up with such money again anytime soon?

29 minutes ago, Simsy said:

WTF?!

You pay for a ticket to watch the match, if the match is abandoned then you have not got what you paid for.

So a refund or free. Cant be legal to charge fans again!

Clubs tend to give a refund if the game is abandoned in the first half, but not the second.

8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Read the small print ladies and gents...... 

Usually say no refunds but they are not asking for refunds, just that the ticket they have already purchased would allow them to watch the rescheduled fixture and 90 minutes of football which they paid for. Shocking from the club.

sadly, the club will still have to pay the police full costs, the full cost of all staffing and stewards and even the players will claim appearance money.

Whilst the game won't exist in the record books, it took place.

A club as small as Swindon cannot afford to absorb these costs.

37 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

sadly, the club will still have to pay the police full costs, the full cost of all staffing and stewards and even the players will claim appearance money.

Whilst the game won't exist in the record books, it took place.

A club as small as Swindon cannot afford to absorb these costs.

I think they should have at least reduced the price of the ticket for people that had already bought one. £19-£25 for a match that you had already paid to watch that was abandoned isn't exactly fair.

Could they have said the ticket price if you had already bought a ticket is £10- £15 but they should be £19-£25, we prefer if you paid the higher price or even whatever else you can afford as we need help to fund the match. I am sure there would be a better response, and quite a few people will pay more than the lower amount.

56 minutes ago, David said:

Usually say no refunds but they are not asking for refunds, just that the ticket they have already purchased would allow them to watch the rescheduled fixture and 90 minutes of football which they paid for. Shocking from the club.

As @Mostyn6 points out..... 

Abandoned games are pretty rare fortunately. I've been to two, Burnley in cup in early 90s and Gillingham away in FA Cup 1997/98. I never got another ticket to get in. You had to pay. 

Very rare for me to defend a club regarding charging fans etc. This is where they shouldn't get any slack. 

I do wonder if fans attended the game and the referee didn't abandon it they'd moan that the conditions wasn't suitable and it should have been called off.

Really cannot blame the club in this instance. Fair enough if they did something out of goodwill. But I don't blame them for what they are doing. 

Blame Mother Nature.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

As @Mostyn6 points out..... 

Abandoned games are pretty rare fortunately. I've been to two, Burnley in cup in early 90s and Gillingham away in FA Cup 1997/98. I never got another ticket to get in. You had to pay. 

Very rare for me to defend a club regarding charging fans etc. This is where they shouldn't get any slack. 

I do wonder if fans attended the game and the referee didn't abandon it they'd moan that the conditions wasn't suitable and it should have been called off.

Really cannot blame the club in this instance. Fair enough if they did something out of goodwill. But I don't blame them for what they are doing. 

Blame Mother Nature.

In my bid to quickly find a decent club I did find one, Sheffield United, abandoned games you are given the rescheduled fixture at half price.

If Mother Nature causes a flight cancellation, sorry time to pay up again, not our fault. An airline will still suffer losses. 

You're paying for 90 minutes of football, well some 85 but if you haven't got what you paid for that's wrong regardless of the small print. 

Just now, David said:

In my bid to quickly find a decent club I did find one, Sheffield United, abandoned games you are given the rescheduled fixture at half price.

If Mother Nature causes a flight cancellation, sorry time to pay up again, not our fault. An airline will still suffer losses. 

You're paying for 90 minutes of football, well some 85 but if you haven't got what you paid for that's wrong regardless of the small print. 

Everyone has different terms and conditions. This football club has to cover their costs. It's unfortunate no doubt. I think it's far from disgraceful. Like I've said, if that game carried on in its entirety and it was a farce..... Who'd do you think get blamed then? Would they be asking the match should be replayed then...... Would they want a reduced rate for it?

Think it's being very far fetched to call it disgraceful. It's more unfortunate. 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Everyone has different terms and conditions. This football club has to cover their costs. It's unfortunate no doubt. I think it's far from disgraceful. Like I've said, if that game carried on in its entirety and it was a farce..... Who'd do you think get blamed then? Would they be asking the match should be replayed then...... Would they want a reduced rate for it?

Think it's being very far fetched to call it disgraceful. It's more unfortunate. 

Not saying the game should have continued regardless of the weather, that's the referees call not the clubs.

I do believe if you pay for a ticket to watch 90 minutes of football that's what you should get regardless of the small print. 

If you went to the cinema, half hour from the end bad weather causes a power cut, would you walk away and think oh you little bugger god, didn't get to see the ending guess I'll buy another ticket or would you think the cinema should allow you reentry to watch the full film you paid for at a later date?

1 minute ago, David said:

Not saying the game should have continued regardless of the weather, that's the referees call not the clubs.

I do believe if you pay for a ticket to watch 90 minutes of football that's what you should get regardless of the small print. 

If you went to the cinema, half hour from the end bad weather causes a power cut, would you walk away and think oh you little bugger god, didn't get to see the ending guess I'll buy another ticket or would you think the cinema should allow you reentry to watch the full film you paid for at a later date?

Keep coming back to terms and conditions. Funnily enough I've been where a film has stopped half way through, they offered either a refund or a free ticket.

Think where you are missing the point is the actual cost to the club, paying for staff and police costs again. I can only guess but I'd imagine in a cinema they'd have a lot less staff, a lot less people at a screening..... And this is why they probably give a refund. 

11 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Keep coming back to terms and conditions. Funnily enough I've been where a film has stopped half way through, they offered either a refund or a free ticket.

Think where you are missing the point is the actual cost to the club, paying for staff and police costs again. I can only guess but I'd imagine in a cinema they'd have a lot less staff, a lot less people at a screening..... And this is why they probably give a refund. 

But you're saying it's ok for fans to take a loss? 

How good is this from Man Utd, not only a refund but entry as well to the rescheduled fixture. Non of this is the fault of Man Utd, all beyond their control and will have suffered much bigger losses than Swindon Town. You can say a ball wasn't kicked but the fact remains you paid to go and watch 90 minutes of football which you didn't get.p

Ticket refunds will be given - and entry to the rescheduled match on Tuesday will be free - following the abandonment of Manchester United's home match against Bournemouth on Sunday.

Season Ticket holders (for their equivalent match ticket price), match ticket purchasers and Matchday VIP purchasers will receive a refund.

Any supporters who would have accessed the stadium with their Season Card or Membership Card on Sunday will be able to do so again, and supporters with paper tickets can use them again too, all free of charge. 

Replacement paper tickets can be issued and can be reprinted at Ticketing & Membership Services on Monday or Tuesday. Fans who come to the stadium to do this on Tuesday are advised to arrive early please to avoid queues.

As previously confirmed on ManUtd.com, the rearranged match will kick off at 20:00 BST on Tuesday, 17 May.

Abandoned on 53 minutes.

Tranmere are offering free admission for their rearranged clash with Notts County at Prenton Park on Tuesday, April 19.

The original match was abandoned on February 5 due to a waterlogged pitch with the visitors leading 1-0.

Rovers chief executive Mick Horton said: "When the game was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch we decided to take the opportunity to offer free admission to all supporters.

"This will give Merseyside football fans - and non-football fans - the chance to come and watch a game for nothing. It's the ideal opportunity for people who have never been to a game before to come and see if they like it.

"Hopefully they'll enjoy the experience they get at Tranmere and come back. Where else can you watch a Football League match for free?"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/6754236/tranmere-offer-free-tickets

????????

Not saying it's ok, but you can either choose to go or not to rescheduled game, can't see how the club can be blamed here.

Once again, terms and conditions. 

Fair play to Man Utd for doing what they have done, they feel that's right. Swindon feel what they have done is right. I haven't access to Derbys terms and conditions or any other at minute..... I'd imagine they'd be similar. 

But if a club decides to against their own terms and conditions it's their prerogative. I don't blame Swindon at all for their action. Proof will be in the crowd whether right or wrong. 

Man United can cover that cost. I'm not so sure Swindon can 

So if Swindon have to cover their costs, why not do that? You've got to assume that therefore some profit margin built into the ticket price. So they should at least refund that profit margin, leaving just enough to cover the costs of the original match, then sell the new match at the normal price. 

Whats really wrong wrong is that they'll have made a profit from the first match, and will be making the same profit from the second match, so they've basically used this as an opportunity to double their profits, at the expense of the fans. 

Mots not the clubs fault, and it's not the fans fault. In an ideal world, the club, being presumably richer than any individual fan, would foot the bill, but if that's not possible, at the very least, there should be shared responsibility, and both the fan and the club should take a bit of the hit, not just lay it all on the fan. 

Archived