Pearsons comments

PistoldPete2

PistoldPete2

Asked if lack of goals Was due to loss of form or bad luck , he said both... And lack of quality. Looks like he will try and change things, but he's left himself with far too little time before the window shuts. Can't say Wilson looked any good at all early days of course.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Asked if lack of goals Was due to loss of form or bad luck , he said both... And lack of quality. Looks like he will try and change things, but he's left himself with far too little time before the window shuts. Can't say Wilson looked any good at all early days of course.

He doesn't seem to like any of our forwards. Bent slightly perhaps. Camara a little because the others can't even beat a man. 

The problem we have is that in avoiding FFP we have paid over the odds for some average players. We are paying them off over a number of years so that is leaving us snookered. I know no one want to be paying for a player who has moved on but we're back in the position we were in before NC came in. We've gone back 8 years. 

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

The problem we have is that in avoiding FFP we have paid over the odds for some average players. We are paying them off over a number of years so that is leaving us snookered. I know no one want to be paying for a player who has moved on but we're back in the position we were in before NC came in. We've gone back 8 years. 

I'd like us to just go back 4 months.

Darren Wassall (remember him? Let me remind you - 'Booooooo') managed to turn around a slump just as bad as this one with exactly the same players, and every now and again, we played some sparkling football. We had a few poor performances too, but you just knew that another good one was around the corner.

I'm struggling to remember an entertaining 15 minutes since the start of this season.

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Darren Wassall (remember him? Let me remind you - 'Booooooo') managed to turn around a slump just as bad as this one with exactly the same players, and every now and again, we played some sparkling football. We had a few poor performances too, but you just knew that another good one was around the corner.

I'm struggling to remember an entertaining 15 minutes since the start of this season.

Yes.

I think DW was pretty limited both tactically and 'emotionally' but he was right at getting this squad to play at a high tempo.

Yes it was high risk at times but it suited our squad and now and again we looked pretty good.

I don't like being left with the feeling that the current manager is playing rather crude emotional games with the players, owner and fans in order  to prove a point.

I'd much prefer us to lose having played entertaining football.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

It remimds me of the start of last season, well pretty much all of last season.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Your correct. There hasnt been 5 minutes nevermind 15

9 hours ago, Uptherams said:

He doesn't seem to like any of our forwards. Bent slightly perhaps. Camara a little because the others can't even beat a man. 

That's because he can only coach a direct, defensive outfit which we're not.

3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

What was the main points of his interview last night? Body language.... tone of voice etc? I was too drunk to make any sense of it nor do i remember it

He looked and sounded really pissed off. He also paused a few times, probably to make sure he didn't say the wrong thing. 

Each week he says he's either frustrated or disappointed. Yet continues to stick with the same personal on the field, with the reluctance to use the market - that kinda frustrates, disappoints me! :D

How many chances do Russell, Martin, Ince and Bent need? Russell particularly stands out, so many folk on the bandwagon solely due to his lovely fuffy beard and pretty star tattoos.

And lack of quality excuses now? Bloody hell, you've had two months to find extra quality. Two months to improve the quality on a state of the art training ground. It's friggin Burton, Barnsley and Carlise for Christ sake.

13 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Each week he says he's either frustrated or disappointed. Yet continues to stick with the same personal on the field, with the reluctance to use the market - that kinda frustrates, disappoints me! :D

How many chances do Russell, Martin, Ince and Bent need? Russell particularly stands out, so many folk on the bandwagon solely due to his lovely fuffy beard and pretty star tattoos.

And lack of quality excuses now? Bloody hell, you've had two months to find extra quality. Two months to improve the quality on a state of the art training ground. It's friggin Burton, Barnsley and Carlise for Christ sake.

I like Russell because he tries and gives us much needed tempo (along with Bryson). Now don't get me started on that sulky child Ince, he is dragging Martin down with him. No wonder Nigel wants a new number 10.

Quite rightly Nigel is angry, but what will he do about it?

26 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I agree with your statement -  but you must include the midfield in that as well. Because they are the ones that are supposed to be creating and supporting the front line. 

Archived