New Club Website

Day

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, stejawh said:

Yeah i was there.  Thought there were some interesting ideas but the questions drifted into more club/ forum ones towards the end,  See this forum got a mention!

What was said?

Had the email to go but totally forgot about it, didn't get down today anyhow 

Can't remember exactly but somebody asked a question about an official fans forum and Brandon or Faye (can't remember) said how difficult it could be if the club didn't agree with what they were saying as it looks like the club is endorsing it.  Then someone else asked a question that mentioned Mel reading some of the forums and having dialogue with some (Think you were mentioned personally!).

Lots still to be decided. If you've volunteered to give some feedback there will be some sort of framework coming out for us to comment on in December. Then later models to add further design features and content.

I didn't understand any of the technical stuff but they did say that you can pick what you see on the website and close down what you don't want to see (so a bit like the bbc) and that it would be much more intuitive and interactive (whatever that means.) That the new site will get updated more or less instantly with things like team news, videos of interviews etc. There will be content for kids too. 

The new YouTube channel is part of the development and I think you can see how they are expanding and improving that content in recent weeks.

Quite a bit of talk about the relationship between the website and Ramsplayer and how they will always need the latter for stuff they cannot put out for free because of FL regulations. 

Someone asked a question about whether there will be an official forum but answer from Faye Nixon was that these are probably better to remain independent of the club. Personally I am pleased about that as I think the club would be much stricter on moderation for obvious reasons. 

Website is on course to be launched next June as soon as the current contract tying them into the present format expires. 

They aren't aiming for a good club website but the best club website. 

We got a cuppa and some nice biscuits and it was good to pop into the main building and see some famous faces as we went up to the presentation. :ph34r: Very sad but apart from @eddie I don't get to see any celebrities in the North Stand! 

I  was surprised more people didn't attend but there was recognition that many fans who use the website do so from afar and that this group needs a say as well as the regular match goers. There were about 30 of us there today and about another 100 who have offered feedback during the process. 

The offer of two complimentary match tickets today was very generous for the amount of input we have had so far and appreciated but I think that there will be more work to come. Interesting stuff.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Lots still to be decided. If you've volunteered to give some feedback there will be some sort of framework coming out for us to comment on in December. Then later models to add further design features and content.

I didn't understand any of the technical stuff but they did say that you can pick what you see on the website and close down what you don't want to see (so a bit like the bbc) and that it would be much more intuitive and interactive (whatever that means.) That the new site will get updated more or less instantly with things like team news, videos of interviews etc. There will be content for kids too. 

The new YouTube channel is part of the development and I think you can see how they are expanding and improving that content in recent weeks.

Quite a bit of talk about the relationship between the website and Ramsplayer and how they will always need the latter for stuff they cannot put out for free because of FL regulations. 

Someone asked a question about whether there will be an official forum but answer from Faye Nixon was that these are probably better to remain independent of the club. Personally I am pleased about that as I think the club would be much stricter on moderation for obvious reasons. 

Website is on course to be launched next June as soon as the current contract tying them into the present format expires. 

They aren't aiming for a good club website but the best club website. 

We got a cuppa and some nice biscuits and it was good to pop into the main building and see some famous faces as we went up to the presentation. :ph34r: Very sad but apart from @eddie I don't get to see any celebrities in the North Stand! 

I  was surprised more people didn't attend but there was recognition that many fans who use the website do so from afar and that this group needs a say as well as the regular match goers. There were about 30 of us there today and about another 100 who have offered feedback during the process. 

The offer of two complimentary match tickets today was very generous for the amount of input we have had so far and appreciated but I think that there will be more work to come. Interesting stuff.

Oh god.

Somebody recognises me.

On 24/8/2016 at 13:18, cosmic said:

Now we just need them to sort out a seperate app for RamsPlayer. The Football League app is atrocious.

On 24/8/2016 at 13:32, Carl Sagan said:

What's wrong with the football league app? It's always worked perfectly for me in terms of commentary and developer responsiveness. Much better than the one from 2 or 3 years ago.

10 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

I could not agree more.

Playerhd works fine for me, but the fl app loads the logo and then switches off completely. Does anyone know if it's a general problem or something to do with my iphone?

Archived