The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Haven't we got 1 more point than at this stage last year?

Yes... But an extra loss... And we lost to Leeds... Not Barnsley... And we had 4 goals...

Remember goals? I'm not sure I do... Apart from penalties...

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Yes... But an extra loss... And we lost to Leeds... Not Barnsley... And we had 4 goals...

Remember goals? I'm not sure I do... Apart from penalties...

I remember the goal at Preston apart from that erm no! have we scored another in the league? 

My thoughts are NP doesn't like Chris Martin if he did he'd place him at the heart of our success. 

9 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Got to the play offs too. It isn't then end just yet.

We were rubbish then but not totally abysmal.

If you can then fair enough, but can you really see what Pearson is possibly trying to do with this squad at all? Can you see any notion of a plan or a style he is building to? 

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

We were rubbish then but not totally abysmal.

If you can then fair enough, but can you really see what Pearson is possibly trying to do with this squad at all? Can you see any notion of a plan or a style he is building to? 

We were good at Hull. My utopia would be get us back to 13/14 but a lot of water has passed under the bridge. We ain't going to do anything with Bent in our team. He doesn't suit us.

8 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Maybe Pearson is missing Walsh, Shakesphere and Stowell at the moment he is coming across as clueless.

I'm sure he is missing Walsh and Shakespeare, they're both fantastic at what they do. I'm not sure that has anything to do with what's happened at Derby in your first 5 league games. Nigel Pearson is very capable of fairly lengthy runs of poor results and uninspired performances. He's also incredibly good at building strong sides that generally play exciting attacking football and unlike this Derby team, do ultimately achieve what they're trying to achieve. It'd be a crying shame, and your loss, if he wasn't afforded the opportunity to do that.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Anyone else see both McClaren and Simpson were in the crowd?

Hint hint Uncle Mel...

Sacking McClaren is the worst decision we've made by a huge margin in the past few years, but that ship has sailed. I like to have a moan about Pearson here because I can't for the life of me see what he's trying to achieve, but even I accept that he's here for at least a season and probably should be given 2 minimum. I can't say I'm enthralled at the prospect, but that's where we are. Onwards and upwards.

3 minutes ago, Leicester Fan said:

I'm sure he is missing Walsh and Shakespeare, they're both fantastic at what they do. I'm not sure that has anything to do with what's happened at Derby in your first 5 league games. Nigel Pearson is very capable of fairly lengthy runs of poor results and uninspired performances. He's also incredibly good at building strong sides that generally play exciting attacking football and unlike this Derby team, do ultimately achieve what they're trying to achieve. It'd be a crying shame, and your loss, if he wasn't afforded the opportunity to do that.

The players have been like this for the last few managers. Not Pearson's fault imo. Someone else said that Pearson is playing them to make a statement to the owner that these players aren't good or determined enough, if we sack Pearson I will lose love for this club. He deserves the time. As far as I'm concerned Pearson will get us promoted if he gets to build his OWN squad.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Sacking McClaren is the worst decision we've made by a huge margin in the past few years, but that ship has sailed. I like to have a moan about Pearson here because I can't for the life of me see what he's trying to achieve, but even I accept that he's here for at least a season and probably should be given 2 minimum. I can't say I'm enthralled at the prospect, but that's where we are. Onwards and upwards.

Bet they were pissing themselves laughing on the inside though...

Just now, Gritters said:

We were good at Hull. My utopia would be get us back to 13/14 but a lot of water has passed under the bridge. We ain't going to do anything with Bent in our team. He doesn't suit us.

Then do you play to Martin's strengths? Or do you play to Bent's strengths? Or do you lump the ball up at both of them?

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Bet they were pissing themselves laughing on the inside though...

I would've been in their shoes. In fact I don't have enough class and decorum to keep it on the inside. I would've been laughing my arse of and giving Mel a big thumbs up.

Archived