Who left early?

Ram@Lincoln

Seems like people started leaving after their second goal and I would have if I wasn't there with my lad.

By far the worse Derby performance since the infamous Premiership season, actually thinking about it, probably worse, and I went to all 38 of them. 

Can anyone think of a worse Derby performance?

Who on here left the earliest?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er, I think I claim that award.  20 minutes!!

Took my lad to his first away game and he got really upset.  We were sitting right at the front behind the goal.  When Barnsley scored their first a Derby fan went over to give their players some abuse. Nothing too serious or offensive as fast as I could see but the stewards went right over the top and chucked him out.  All the people round us went crackers, fair bit of swearing and hostility.  My lad just got really frightened and was about to burst into tears!  I gave it 10 minutes but he was so upset we had to leave.  Gutted but we'll try again next season.  On the plus side, we didn't have to sit through the rest of the game and were home by 6!

Anyone know if that guy got back in?  We saw him outside when we were leaving.

8 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Er, I think I claim that award.  20 minutes!!

Took my lad to his first away game and he got really upset.  We were sitting right at the front behind the goal.  When Barnsley scored their first a Derby fan went over to give their players some abuse. Nothing too serious or offensive as fast as I could see but the stewards went right over the top and chucked him out.  All the people round us went crackers, fair bit of swearing and hostility.  My lad just got really frightened and was about to burst into tears!  I gave it 10 minutes but he was so upset we had to leave.  Gutted but we'll try again next season.  On the plus side, we didn't have to sit through the rest of the game and were home by 6!

Anyone know if that guy got back in?  We saw him outside when we were leaving.

You could have come and stood at the back. There was plenty of moaning but nothing like that.

Back at 6 did you walk?

I had simual case at chalton 2 years ago over disabled man but he kicked up such a fuss he nearly caused a riot that day this little boy started to cry asking to go home i said it is okay dont worry people shouting scareing you. And i just sat while he stood up chanting with him. He seemed to enjoy himself. That little boy dad on this forum.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I had simual case at chalton 2 years ago over disabled man but he kicked up such a fuss he nearly caused a riot that day this little boy started to cry asking to go home i said it is okay dont worry people shouting scareing you. And i just sat while he stood up chanting with him. He seemed to enjoy himself. That little boy dad on this forum.

That brought a tear to my eye. You're a great guy B4

Just now, B4ev6is said:

When little kids around you hold back your temper until half time or full time and vent your anger.

I accept the point but a football match isn't Daddy Day Care, I personally don't swear infront of children at all (and rarely swear anyway) but I allow usual standards to drop lower for a football match. We don't want to make football a spectator sport like Tennis, have to remember that as well.

When I take my lad, like today, I try to find a relatively empty area of seats to sit in, or if a little busy somewhere with other kids his age. 

As mentioned by North Stand Ram, there were hundreds leaving and causing congestion on the hill up to the cars and buses. I even saw one bus leave with about 10 minutes still left. As I said in the first post, I would have left early, probably 60 minutes, but I stayed as my lad wouldn't have liked leaving early.

8 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I accept the point but a football match isn't Daddy Day Care, I personally don't swear infront of children at all (and rarely swear anyway) but I allow usual standards to drop lower for a football match. We don't want to make football a spectator sport like Tennis, have to remember that as well.

Yep, totally accept that mate. Thought he was ready but he wasn't - we'll try again next season!

Archived