Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely you can see the difference between the jobs that you mention and a professional footballer

It's all relative. A footballer gets payed for working for his club, doesn't matter what they or do or how much their wages are.

A police officer gets paid to police

A footballer get payed to play football.

4 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Getting paid millions of pounds a year to kick a ball is a bit different to being an underpaid policeman.

Money has nothing to do with it, That's just a standard of living you get from doing your job.

We as fans see football as a hobby/passion.

Football clubs are businesses like any other, they have employees like any other.

Just because they "kick a ball" doesn't mean they shouldn't have the same employee rights as any other industry.

21 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Getting paid millions of pounds a year to kick a ball is a bit different to being an underpaid policeman.

Also, he's signed a contract to play for X years for X amount.

There's countless other reasons. His behaviour is unjustifiable.

In your opinion ;)

13 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Money has nothing to do with it, That's just a standard of living you get from doing your job.

Football clubs are businesses like any other, they have employees like any other.

Just because they "kick a ball" doesn't mean they shouldn't have the same employee rights as any other industry.

He's signed a contract to play for a number of years for a (very good) certain wage.

It's so different it's untrue.

If you dont want one of the best players in the league here then you are quite frankly clueless. We don't know the ins and outs of why he is refusing to play. I didn't see any other comments like these when Shackell and Thorne refused to play for their old clubs before joining us.

17 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

In which case they should not get signing on fees, lucrative contracts, image rights etc

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

In which case they should not get signing on fees, lucrative contracts, image rights etc

Why?.

They work to get as much money as they can, same with everyone else who works whether your a footballer, actor, golfer, plummer or doctor.

The amount they get is irrelevant.

My point is, if you was offered a better wage from another company and your current boss tried to stop you, what would you do??.

9 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Why?.

They work to get as much money as they can, same with everyone else who works whether your a footballer, actor, golfer, plummer or doctor.

My point is, if you was offered a better wage from another company and your current boss tried to stop you, what would you do??.

Being a fruit picker is a random comparison :whistle:

You are all speculating without knowing all of the facts, if for example he has a release clause and it's been met then the club are in breach of contract.

15 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Why?.

I would leave but there again I haven't signed a contract with my employer saying I will be paid an extremely handsome wage in return for comitting x years of my working career.

34 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Absolute right , they should be treated as any other possession . If i paid 3 mill for a boat and it refused to start , I'd leave it rot.:ph34r:

Besides why should us mere stake holders, care if an asset has an attitude problem.....same thing happens in companies up and down the land...and the boss is more than happy to employee such individuals.

Yours without a trace of irony

B2T

4 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Being a fruit picker is a random comparison :whistle:

You are all speculating without knowing all of the facts, if for example he has a release clause and it's been met then the club are in breach of contract.

Why? A release clause may one stipulate that the player is given the permission to speak to another club if a certain bid is made, wasn't that the whole argument with Liverpool/Suarez?

If you decide that you no longer want to play for a side you ask for a transfer but you never refuse to play which directly affects the team and loses them points, he has done this trick once and what is stopping him doing this again, his moral compass is broken.

8 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

This is modern day football money talks. Anyone on here would be a fool if they think forestieri wouldn't be a fantastic addition. 

Like to think he would be great for us, just don't like his manner of seeking a move, just lacks a bit of class.

9 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

This is modern day football money talks. Anyone on here would be a fool if they think forestieri wouldn't be a fantastic addition. 

Or may just be displaying caution. Not really followed his career, as I guess most haven't, but his stats look like he has only had 1 really good season...didn't we sign Blackman in them circumstances?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or may just be displaying caution. Not really followed his career, as I guess most haven't, but his stats look like he has only had 1 really good season...didn't we sign Blackman in them circumstances?

Agreed...imo Vydra would be better alongside a "big unit"

Archived