Narrow Pitch?

G STAR RAM

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was it my bad eye sight or has the touchline been taken in a few feet?

If so, what is the reason behind this? Does not seem a great idea when we are set up to play with wingers.

Did help Ince beat the first man at our corner though!

It fooled Christie too. He took a throw in, in front of the West stand, which didn't make it onto the pitch :)

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was it my bad eye sight or has the touchline been taken in a few feet?

If so, what is the reason behind this? Does not seem a great idea when we are set up to play with wingers.

Did help Ince beat the first man at our corner though!

The pitch has been made both wider and longer. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Really?

There was definitely more space between the touchline and edge of the grass.

New artificial grass has been placed around the outside of the pitch. 

At first glance I thoughht pitch looked narrower despite reading it had been widened, must be due to the extra turf and astro around the edge as when I compared to a pic from last season, the 10yrd mark from the corner flag looked a yard to 2 yards further from the edge of the penalty area.... Which corroborates what @tomsdubs said.

Radio Derby said it was 2 metres wider and 5 metres longer. Maybe this disproportionate increase visually stretches the pitch so that it appears to have narrowed.?      Does that make any sense  ?  Or do I have to collect my coat?

What I DID wonder was how they had managed to accommodate the extra length........................

2 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Perhaps it looks narrower because the length has been increased disproportionately so it has been visually stretched?

Don't even know if that makes sense !!!   

This is a quantum phenomenon where the pitch can be in two places at the same time, at the iPro and at the Academy. The Groundsman in his enthusiasm has torn a hole in the space/time continuum leading to an apparent visual elongation of the pitch because of the slight change in the speed of light from the observer's perspective. This phenomenon is exacerbated after three or four bevvies, as has always been the case, t'oldu. :D

3 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Radio Derby said it was 2 metres wider and 5 metres longer. Maybe this disproportionate increase visually stretches the pitch so that it appears to have narrowed.?      Does that make any sense  ?  Or do I have to collect my coat?

What I DID wonder was how they had managed to accommodate the extra length........................

K Y Jelly 

Archived