Roadrider £16... to Burton

Srg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will get back to the costing for fans Deby to Burton 16 pounds,

Burton to Derby,to be decided,-----many suporters clubs run their own coaches,,.

Derby run coaches for the fans,surly the costing for a coach would be similar.

Derby to Burton---------Burton to Derby

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 13:41, rammieib said:

You really have no business idea do you? Just had a look - the cost to buy a New Coach is £250,000! So lets say they keep it for 4 years, and it gets used 6 days a week, with a residual value of £20k, that's £185 towards the cost of the coach before any servicing, fuel, spare parts, repairs, new tyres etc

I'd estimate they will spend another £250k on MRO on that coach during its life - so we are now at £370.

£120 for the driver
£10 for the N.I
£20 for Fuel
£370 Coach Cost contribution and MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul)
£150 Variable Overheads for the company (Admin staff, Insurance, etc)
£100 Fixed Costs (Property, where does the bus live when not in use etc)

Total - £770 already

50 seater coat - 50 x £16 = £800. So that leaves a £30 profit for the coach company. Every seat may not sell out - someone has to take that risk, probably DCFC and they are probably getting the coach for £650 ish.

So there is your business lesson for the day, no more ignorant comments please.

Oh and....

The Coach Drivers don't go in and watch the football!!

That is so wrong. Your math does not stack up.

I hired a 53 seater from Derby to Scarborough less than 12 months ago and it was £550, if I wanted to go to Skeggy it was £450.

Set off at 8 and back on Derby just after 6.

Therefore £16.00 to Burton is expensive.

8 hours ago, McRamFan said:

I hired a 53 seater from Derby to Scarborough less than 12 months ago and it was £550, if I wanted to go to Skeggy it was £450.

How old was the bus?

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

How old was the bus?

60 plate

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

Did it have one of them toilets that everyone pee's all over and smells like a tramp died in it?

No, just opened the back door and gave free screenwash to the cars behind.

I'm not sure whether Derby own the bus (bought it) or long term hire the bus, but the cost of either would be the same for Derby whether it's going to Burton or Newcastle.

If they hire it, the coach company are not going to say "it's only to burton so we will charge you less".

It doesn't work like that.

Although it is expensive, I can see why it is that sort of money.

On 08/10/2016 at 12:50, McRamFan said:

23 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

I'm not sure whether Derby own the bus (bought it) or long term hire the bus, but the cost of either would be the same for Derby whether it's going to Burton or Newcastle.

If they hire it, the coach company are not going to say "it's only to burton so we will charge you less".

It doesn't work like that.

Although it is expensive, I can see why it is that sort of money.

It does work like that, go read my post, if you doubt it ring a coach company and ask.

Unfortunately over the last few years the club only seem to care about getting as much money out of fans as they can,

The Roadrider is a prime example of this. A few years ago you could get to places like Cardiff for about £20, now it'll only just get you to Burton.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 01:55, Carl Sagan said:

Derby are a community-based club that tries hard to look after fans, but they're not a charity. It's run at a substantial loss subsidized by Mel's millions. If you want a cheaper Roadrider to Burton what you're effectively saying is that Mel's not putting enough money into the club and needs to provide more.

Find it hard to believe you are arguing against value for money! Shall we double the players wages and transfer fees again... Mel have to put even more in to maintain the same ridiculous loss and the fans pay £32 for a bus ride to Burton? The problem in football is obvious (and it isn't a lack of money in the game), why anyone would defend that cost for a bus ride to Burton is beyond me. Ordinary fans who have barely seen a rise in the last decade pay more than enough into the sport already so the charity talk is a bit of a nonsense IMO.

Archived