My lad's first away game

Kinder

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Kinder said:

Could do with some advice please guys.  My lad is 7, he's had a season ticket for a couple of years and I was thinking of taking him to Barnsley for his first away game.  I haven't been to Oakwell myself - what's it like?  Is it relatively friendly or will there be loads of abuse?  I'm expecting him to learn a lot of new words that can't be repeated to his Mum, but I wouldn't take him if it's going to be seriously hostile.  I'm hoping it'll be a massive crowd from Derby and a good atmosphere.

Cheers

Kinder

I've only ever been once, that was an opening day fixture, can't remember they year but I remember it was a nice little ground. We went in to a local pub and found the Barnsley supporters very friendly, I had my derby shirt on too.

You will find a lot of yoofs round their are Man Utd supporters as we saw loads of folks with the tops on.

All in all a great day out, your gonna get the idiots though, no matter where you go, home or away.

I went a few year back was a great day and a nice pub (Guess you could call it a pub) overlooking there ground. Think it was when Tomasz Cywka scored a brilliant goal (Pooor tackles on him though).

Seemed quite family friendly to be fair on the day.

Archived