how many under 21 and 23

B4ev6is

I wander how many under 21 and under 23 will be ready for first team this season were perhaps injurys or suspends might take hold with mel not willing to splash any cash on the first team. I think we shall some of max low but not seen enough of him to judge him yet.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander how many under 21 and under 23 will be ready for first team this season were perhaps injurys or suspends might take hold with mel not willing to splash any cash on the first team. I think we shall some of max low but not seen enough of him to judge him yet.

Don't think it's a case of not willing, probably more like not needed. I'm sure Pearson knows what he's doing 

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

To be honest, I don't see what benefit there is to adding to this squad. More chopping and changing just brings more instability, and we've already spent heavily. We have a massive squad already, we could even stand to lose a few more. 

Keepers: Grant, Carson, Roos, Mitchell - No issues there

Rightback: Christie, Hanson, Baird?, Keogh? - Maybe a bit light there, depending on formation Hanson is likely to have that as his main position this season though, got Rawson too

Leftback: Forsyth, Olsson - Two good players there, Lowe to step up if needed, no issues there

Centreback: Keogh, Shackell, Pearce, Hanson? - Maybe a bit light there, but again, we've got Rawson still

Central midfield: Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Johnson, Baird, Butterfield - Even got Elsnik, literally swimming in them

Forwards: Martin, Russell, Ince, Bent, Blackman, Weimann, Camara - Got Bennett as well, another area that we're swimming in options

This isn't a small squad in desperate need of additions, it's a squad bursting at the seams that needed some new direction and leadership. Unless there's a sudden exodus, we're fine. 

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you know he's not willing?

id suggest if NP wanted someone then Mel would get his wallet out

people really need to stop making statements of fact when they clearly haven't got a clue!

2 hours ago, Albert said:

To be honest, I don't see what benefit there is to adding to this squad. More chopping and changing just brings more instability, and we've already spent heavily. We have a massive squad already, we could even stand to lose a few more. 

Keepers: Grant, Carson, Roos, Mitchell - No issues there

Rightback: Christie, Hanson, Baird?, Keogh?  - Maybe a bit light there, depending on formation Hanson is likely to have that as his main position this season though, got Rawson too - Santos, Stabana

Leftback: Forsyth, Olsson - Two good players there, Lowe to step up if needed, no issues there

Centreback: Keogh, Shackell, Pearce, Hanson? - Maybe a bit light there, but again, we've got Rawson still

Central midfield: Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Johnson, Baird, Butterfield - Even got Elsnik, literally swimming in them, also Guy

Forwards: Martin, Russell, Ince, Bent, Blackman, Weimann, Camara - Got Bennett as well, another area that we're swimming in options - Zanzala

This isn't a small squad in desperate need of additions, it's a squad bursting at the seams that needed some new direction and leadership. Unless there's a sudden exodus, we're fine. 

Thought I'd add a couple of names to further prove your point. 

Archived