Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

11 hours ago, Wayne1306 said:

Weather people like Russell or not, it seems to me that Steve sees something in him that he likes. Near enough ever present in his 1st spell and missed just the one since he came back.

Personally I like Johnny for his effort and determination, but his final ball does let him down a lot. Looking from the outside I can't see Mac letting him go, but I might be wrong.

Let's be honest, is Anya any better than him? And he cost 4 mill.

Not saying we should have paid 4 for him but I think Anya is a bit better for us than Johnny. He's more menacing and difficult to deal with as a provider. Johnny though on his day is a game changer but those days are rare. Also think JR has more to give, more upside when it finally clicks. I can see him being super successful at Brighton with their style of play so I get why Chris Hughton is hot for him.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25 December 2016 at 10:05, Ninos said:

Not saying we should have paid 4 for him but I think Anya is a bit better for us than Johnny. He's more menacing and difficult to deal with as a provider. Johnny though on his day is a game changer but those days are rare. Also think JR has more to give, more upside when it finally clicks. I can see him being super successful at Brighton with their style of play so I get why Chris Hughton is hot for him.

I was probably being a bit unfair on Anya, as we have not seen enough of him. 

I just feel from what I have seen so far, he is no better than what we have got. His final ball into the box is poor, we are crying out for a decent winger who can cross a ball consistently. But someone like that will cost plenty of money and be most likely plying their trade in the Prem.

24 minutes ago, Wayne1306 said:

I just feel from what I have seen so far, he is no better than what we have got. His final ball into the box is poor, we are crying out for a decent winger who can cross a ball consistently. But someone like that will cost plenty of money and be most likely plying their trade in the Prem.

Camara....

4 hours ago, Wayne1306 said:

Final ball is poor? I haven't seen that at all. He's been pushed to the side by Mac because understandably Mac is going to those players he knows ... then there is some vague injury he's got too :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/12/2016 at 23:38, TommyPowel said:

Every team needs an unsung hero who plays for the shirt  and Russells is ours  stupid figure yes otherwise NOOOOOO

Running around a lot and loving the club doesn't qualify Russell for the team. He's another Tito Villa and we should get rid. Every manager has a blind spot and it seems that McClaren and Hughton have the same blind spot

13 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Running around a lot and loving the club doesn't qualify Russell for the team. He's another Tito Villa and we should get rid. Every manager has a blind spot and it seems that McClaren and Hughton have the same blind spot

you are obviously entittled to disagree with me but going on to sisagree with two managers lol

Archived