Strikers?

cheron85

23 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Its time to let Martin go.     We can't go on indefinitely letting his needs determine the system / set up /rest of the side. 

He has been a very privileged member of the squad and although he has been very productive other team members have had to play out of position and now other teams are very aware that he can be nullified.

Its a big decision but it should be made. Then we can move forward.

I've been a critic of Martin previously but still think he should stay in our starting 11 as part of a front two, think he has a lot to offer and his goalscoring record at Derby speaks for itself, don't give up on Martin he is much more to us than just a goalscorer, his link up play is near exceptional.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

Its time to let Martin go.     We can't go on indefinitely letting his needs determine the system / set up /rest of the side. 

He has been a very privileged member of the squad and although he has been very productive other team members have had to play out of position and now other teams are very aware that he can be nullified.

Its a big decision but it should be made. Then we can move forward.

Such as…

Only problem with him playing in the hole is that he doesn't like it when he's not in the score sheet. Regardless of assists etc, even though I'd say he's one of the most intelligent players in the squad he wants goals, which is good for a cf. I think after a few games creating and not scoring he'd get frustrated and the toys would be out. 

1 hour ago, Samfcv said:

Only problem with him playing in the hole is that he doesn't like it when he's not in the score sheet. Regardless of assists etc, even though I'd say he's one of the most intelligent players in the squad he wants goals, which is good for a cf. I think after a few games creating and not scoring he'd get frustrated and the toys would be out. 

You've noticed !!??   

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

If we are to play 4-4-2, the combination of Kodjia and Martin sounds excellent. With Blackman and Weimann to come off the bench too, we should be scoring plenty next year. 

I really hope we manage to pull this Kodjia signing off. Really impressed me this season. Scoring 20+ goals in a side that doesn't create much is very impressive. 

We're not going to pull the Kodjia signing off brcause one way or another we're losing out. We either won't get him or we'll massively overpay to get him. It's lose-lose.

Really sick of people calling for such huge money signings. Something does not sit right with me about it.

What have you become Derby County?

18 minutes ago, Tombo said:

We're not going to pull the Kodjia signing off brcause one way or another we're losing out. We either won't get him or we'll massively overpay to get him. It's lose-lose.

Really sick of people calling for such huge money signings. Something does not sit right with me about it.

Funnily enough, according to Timehop I tweeted a year ago last Saturday that I can see us becoming Forest under Billy or Leicester circa 2010. 

I'm beginning to fear that I might be right.

34 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Permanent Championship club sounds good right. 

Forget promotion stick with what we have lol. 

24 minutes ago, curtains said:

No ambition then. 

It's not my job to be ambitious, it's my job to enjoy the football on display and get my season ticket money's worth.

I wouldn't care if we were playing in the Conference North, as long as I enjoy every other Saturday at the game it makes no odds to me. It's harder to enjoy when you've got people like Bradley Johnson pretending to be interested in football. I'm certain he actually hates the game. Not all of us enjoy our jobs I suppose. Wouldn't have someone with that attitude to the job in your workplace though would you?

25 minutes ago, Tombo said:

It's not my job to be ambitious, it's my job to enjoy the football on display and get my season ticket money's worth.

I wouldn't care if we were playing in the Conference North, as long as I enjoy every other Saturday at the game it makes no odds to me. It's harder to enjoy when you've got people like Bradley Johnson pretending to be interested in football. I'm certain he actually hates the game. Not all of us enjoy our jobs I suppose. Wouldn't have someone with that attitude to the job in your workplace though would you?

You would be happy with Nuneaton away. 

No problem but I think that's poor Football. 

Whats the point of Mel Morris then if he can't buy us a decent striker. 

Whats Bradley Johnson got to do with any of this. 

On 13/06/2016 at 16:19, Jon_Grooves said:

Id be dissapointed if Bent didnt leave this summer.

I'd be disappointed if he did go, he score goals. Give him a run in the team, let him and chrissy have a period to work together and there is no way with the ability both of them have that we wont score goals

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I'd be disappointed if he did go, he score goals. Give him a run in the team, let him and chrissy have a period to work together and there is no way with the ability both of them have that we wont score goals

oh not this again next season. 

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

You would be happy with Nuneaton away. 

No problem but I think that's poor Football. 

Whats the point of Mel Morris then if he can't buy us a decent striker. 

Whats Bradley Johnson got to do with any of this. 

If it still gave me the same thrill as matchday usually does, yes.

What is the point of Mel Morris? Good bloody question. He balances the books, or at least I trust that he is, and is keeping the club going so I can keep enjoying my Saturdays. From his perspective, the point in him owning the club is so he can make loads of money. You're off your trolley if you think there's any other motive.

Bradley Johnson is the best example at our club of paying big money and getting players who're just chasing the cash. He had no reason to leave Norwich other than the money. I wouldn't mind if he went for free this summer. Or if we paid up his contract. He saps all my enthusiasm for football. Same as Jason Shackell tbh.

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If it still gave me the same thrill as matchday usually does, yes.

What is the point of Mel Morris? Good bloody question. He balances the books, or at least I trust that he is, and is keeping the club going so I can keep enjoying my Saturdays. From his perspective, the point in him owning the club is so he can make loads of money. You're off your trolley if you think there's any other motive.

Bradley Johnson is the best example at our club of paying big money and getting players who're just chasing the cash. He had no reason to leave Norwich other than the money. I wouldn't mind if he went for free this summer. Or if we paid up his contract. He saps all my enthusiasm for football. Same as Jason Shackell tbh.

Good grief man Jason Shackell is another is he with you  .

Perhaps you would tell me who you do like at Derby   .

Mel Morris is not in it for the money I'm 100 percent certain of that  .

He has some faults but his commitment to Derby is in no way for personal gain  

Mel back Pearson with a decent striker and a replacement fo Keogh and we will be promoted if your listening  

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Good grief man Jason Shackell is another is he with you  .

Perhaps you would tell me who you do like at Derby   

Most of the squad to be fair. I'm not just slagging all the new signings either. Quite like Scott Carson, and Tom Ince. Obviously those that have been here a touch longer, Bryson, Keogh, Russell etc... Academy grads in Hughes, Hendrick and Hanson are always fun to watch.

I just don't like players that don't like football.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Most of the squad to be fair. I'm not just slagging all the new signings either. Quite like Scott Carson, and Tom Ince. Obviously those that have been here a touch longer, Bryson, Keogh, Russell etc... Academy grads in Hughes, Hendrick and Hanson are always fun to watch.

I just don't like players that don't like football.

oh my oh my 

Archived