Possibility's this time

BodminRam

With the new season being 8 weeks away, where do you honestly think we will be at the end of the season. With players away on holidays and Euros on, It will be difficult for the new manager to buy anyone and Know who wants to stay and leave.Plus then the players here present and bought  will have to gel into the team and the probable 442 formation. I know he is a quality manager, but this year looking at the league their are a lot of contenders who I think including ourselves can get to the promised land. I am aware it is the same for all teams, but personally looking at the teams this year, I think any team that does get promoted will only just get their by a couple of points as again i feel it will be another very close contest. Last year although not loosing we got off to a poor start against teams finishing in the lower end of the table . If we had done better against them we would have been their.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for top 2 but not expecting it , I believe play offs is a realistic minimum whilst building this season as it could take a season and a close season for Pearson to figure out who we have that fits with what he wants from players and because we now have transfer windows now building is slowed down somewhat if you are looking to bring players in and move some out,, I believe his is a good manager and the right one for us now so will be patient 

35 minutes ago, archied said:

I'm hoping for top 2 but not expecting it , I believe play offs is a realistic minimum whilst building this season as it could take a season and a close season for Pearson to figure out who we have that fits with what he wants from players and because we now have transfer windows now building is slowed down somewhat if you are looking to bring players in and move some out,, I believe his is a good manager and the right one for us now so will be patient 

Like this reply, honest and truthful, not like some supporters we have expecting to win every game and if we loose 2 on the row, start asking for heads..

Me just go with the flow. 

People will still be looking at the league table in September like they do every year. 

I dunno if it's an age thing but I find it easy to keep a level head now. I don't cry when we lose, I don't think we're Real Madrid when we win. Much more patient and able to see through a good number of games before passing judgment.

Always been able to look past a result too because nowadays I go to games just wanting to be entertained. I don't just want to win. It's supposed to be a source of entertainment. 

So yeah, basically it's still a few months before you can make anything out. Past August, September, October and on into Xmas. Just expect to see a steady climb over that time.

Although I do hate transfer gossip. Can't keep calm with stupid bullshat made up by OfficialBTSKYHBO on twitter or journalists telling me that one club is planning a raid on another. Just get the season started.

Got to be play offs as a minimum. BTW  the title of this thread should read "Possibilities" not "Possibility's". 

59 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Anything less than Play Offs would be an abject performance. i expect us to finish THIRD behind Newcastle and Norwich/Brighton with QPR and Aston Villa filling rest of Play Off positions.

So Norwich & Brighton will either come 2nd or 4th? Why not 3rd?! :ermm:

1: Newcastle

2: Derby

Miles behind: everyone else

As I say I'm hoping top two but the one thing we have to be aware of is there may be a bit of player power clique stuff that may take a bit of pruning to get right again,,, when Mac came in I think we had a pretty tight squad with a good spirit and what he did was get them playing a bit more on the front foot and be more attack minded , not sure we kept that under clement ,we got to the top but my feeling was that we had good individuals capable of changing games but frustratingly never really gelled as a tight unit hence when we came up against well organised teams with that fight for each other spirit we often struggled , think Birmingham at home was a good example of this,, I'm 100 percent sure Pearson is the man to bring this kind of unity and spirit back to us but to be fair I'm not 100% sure that will be achieved without a bit of time and perhaps pruning ,, we don't really know the ins and outs of the dressing room situation , of course it may not be in a bad mess and we could hit the ground running hence my hope for top two finish , it's possible if the spirit can be achieved fast and all player buy into Pearson right away with no sulks but if not I'm sure with Mel backing him fully to manage the football side then it will come 

10 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

So Norwich & Brighton will either come 2nd or 4th? Why not 3rd?! :ermm:

1: Newcastle

2: Derby

Miles behind: everyone else

How can they be third if we are third? I am just not sure whether Norwich will be better than Brighton. You need to understand that I am always right except when I am wrong. :D

I'm repeating myself from another thread but with the players we already have, we know we're more than capable of beating most teams in this division, so a play off place is entirely realistic and should be a a minimum requirement.  However we don't know how many of those players will be here come the end of transfer window, how they'll be deployed or how they'll react to Pearson's methods, therefore the manager & team should be afforded a decent amount patience if things don't click immediately...

Archived