Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The key to getting the 'Derby Way' back is how we strengthen the supply chain to this new speedy breed.

Butterfield, Hughes and Bryson doesn't seem to work without a holding midfielder behind them so they can push forward.

Pearson's desire to ensure we don't lose silly goals has produced a midfield scared to make a mistake. There was scarcely a first-time pass played last night. They were concentrating so much their tongues were nearly out.

Quick passing will unlock any defence and we need to gamble on a few going astray.

We either need a new CM or risk BJ back their where his competitive spirit might be better-placed.

My fear is that we are buying 'Fancy Dans' who operate well when the going is good.

We need some strong personalities who won't accept defeat as an option.

I'd love to see Wasilewski here from Leicester for a season at CB, possibly in a three.

I know, let's buy Buxton back from Wigan!!

What he gives to a team is now completely lacking in this lot of gutless charlatans.

Try commitment, passion, desire, fighting spirit, sincere love of the club and it's fans for starters.

Now seeming like a big gaffe to offload him so callously and thoughtlessly.

Pearson should have made him Captain, ffs.

Then give him a mini baseball bat to keep in the dressing room to beat any of these pathetic nonces with.

Team him with a monster German CB.

BTW, successful sides are historically built from the back not from the front, so bye bye to messrs Batman and Robin it is then.

Remember Brian Clough, anyone?

Plus, get a much better goalie in than our gap toothed lumbering friend.

If you tied JB up by his hands and feet, he would still give more than any of this sorry bunch.

Formations and tactics are utterly secondary to what our lad Jake offers in sheer guts and drive. Without this any team is just peeing in the wind and destined to win zilch. Chess played with football boots on is virtually always crap and lifeless.

Serious replies only please. No dubious point scoring, eh boys and girls?

Thanks playmates.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I can see where you're coming from and I think the quality of our chances created definately do need to improve, but I see that as more of a tactical issue with the repeated HOOF it upfield from the back every time. But the fact of the matter is we've had something like 100 shots so far this season and only managed one goal which has to suggest a problem with the strike force as well as the midfield. Tbh were in a mess atm from the middle of the park and up and new striker will help the issues, but not totally solve them.

Hoofing it to Kodjia and Vydra won't work either. If that's the tactics, then cut your losses and move on. It's cheaper than replacing everybody else.

Just now, nottingram said:

Hoofing it to Kodjia and Vydra won't work either. If that's the tactics, then cut your losses and move on. It's cheaper than replacing everybody else.

Agreed the tactics we've played so far won't work no matter who's upfront , but I'm just hoping that Pearson isn't an idiot, and I don't think he is, and has realised we need to get the ball on the Deck more in which case vydra and kodjia should prove lethal hopefully.

Can't believe some of the comments on here. Success in modern day football is inextricably linked to investing in quality players. We have a very wealthy chairman who is a Rams fanatic like the rest of us and can probably afford to splash 50 million a year on the club without affecting his net worth.

Well done Mel for backing your manager.

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Where does  this hoofing comment coming from. 

Why would we do that. 

£7m on Vydra could be good value if we play him with someone who can hold up play. £14m on Kodjia *seems* ridiculous. But I won't care if after a few transfers we look like a team again. 

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Can't believe some of the comments on here. Success in modern day football is inextricably linked to investing in quality players. We have a very wealthy chairman who is a Rams fanatic like the rest of us and can probably afford to splash 50 million a year on the club without affecting his net worth.

Well done Mel for backing your manager.

Well said, Gladys.

Plus he needs to let the real NP off the leash. Not the media friendly smiley caricature Derby seem to have made him into so far.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

£7m on Vydra could be good value if we play him with someone who can hold up play. £14m on Kodjia *seems* ridiculous. But I won't care if after a few transfers we look like a team again. 

Exactly. It's not our money that's being spent on these players, it's Mel's. If these signings can helps us to the Prem then everyone's a winner. I've loved the last few years of football but it's probably time for a bit of a change in style.

I didn't go to that game, but not hoofing it against some bang average League 2 side doesn't really prove or disprove any point.

No it doesn't. 

I am not aware of hoofing this season but I am aware of strikers missing loads of chances. 

I think Ince missed one good chance against Brighton and that is it. We are creating absolutely nothing.

That is not true . 

Hughes missed an absolute sitter against Carlisle and lost his man last night for Burtons goal but that's another issue  .

We are creating chances  though  

16 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Exactly. It's not our money that's being spent on these players, it's Mel's. If these signings can helps us to the Prem then everyone's a winner. I've loved the last few years of football but it's probably time for a bit of a change in style.

Ticket prices rising and rising every year. It IS our money.

Archived