Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Can score with his left, his right, his head, can run at players, get in behind and has a nifty little dance when he scores, why wouldn't you want to sign him?

Precisely.

Then it'll be PL here we come.

If Shackell continues to tackle and Keogh doesn't go too far below that is...

Poetry in motion, so to speak.

Fingers crossed, eh folks?

If he does an AG stint for us, he'll be worth every penny and then some.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Just depends on your personal slant.

So clever, this fluffy, tangential, filler.

But alas, nothing at all to do with the beloved Rams.

Do keep on topic.

xxx.

I'm bored.

I'm bored.

I'm bored.

Not very clever, but I have an idea: You can claim everyone else is passive aggresive, and...

That is all.

Other than I'm bored.

5 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Lets say we buy Kodjia?

How many more goals will the team score as a result?

My guess would be somewhere between 5 less and 5 more.

Can't see the point. We need definite and marked improvement, not another expensive gamble.

Everything in sport is a gamble.

If we buy him, he could change the whole dynamic of both our team and our opponents, due purely to his pace and finishing ability, as the opposing defence would then have to stay deeper to protect their goal. Hence, our team could play higher up the pitch and be on the front foot from the off.

Just as Arsenal did in Thierry Henry's time.

At the moment we don't really have anyone comparable in terms of real speed off the mark, Dean Sturridge style.

Besides, if he makes just enough of a difference to get us promoted, his fee would eventually pale into relative insignificance compared to the PL income we stand to receive for years to come.

Provided we actually stay there, of course.

6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I'm bored.

I'm bored.

I'm bored.

Not very clever, but I have an idea: You can claim everyone else is passive aggresive, and...

That is all.

Other than I'm bored.

Hello, young 'un.

I gather you're bored then?

Why not read the paper or take the dog for a walk then.

Peace and love baby.

8 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Everything in sport is a gamble.

If we buy him, he could change the whole dynamic of both our team and our opponents, due purely to his pace and finishing ability, as the opposing defence would then have to stay deeper to protect their goal. Hence, our team could play higher up the pitch and be on the front foot from the off.

Just as Arsenal did in Thierry Henry's time.

At the moment we don't really have anyone comparable in terms of real speed off the mark, Dean Sturridge style.

Besides, if he makes just enough of a difference to get us promoted, his fee would eventually pale into relative insignificance compared to the PL income we stand to receive for years to come.

Provided we actually stay there, of course.

Andi weimman?

Just now, Harrowram said:

I would prefer Ulloja on loan from Leicester as opposed to old Kodjia.

Swansea have had bids in excess of £8m turned down for Ulloa, so I don't think he'll be dropping down a division to go on loan anytime soon.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Nick blackman? Even Darren bent? All lightning fast 

Don't you mean both, not all? Two people are not many.

Blackman is a one or two touch player, whereas Bent is the classic goal poacher.

Neither of them are capable of carrying the ball at speed and shooting with either foot with minimal backlift.

Just like Hector and Bloomer used to.

This is what I think that Kodjia could bring to our team, Vardy style if you like.

This type of player panics the hell out of ANY opposition, even top defenders.

To balance the books, I say sell Hendrick, Johnson and Keogh, plus any other fringe makeweights if necessary.

Then buy Kodjia and Chester. Asap.

Quality beats quantity every single time.

Ande Gray anyone?

Sorted.

Job's a good 'un.

4 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

Andi weimman?

Of the three possible contenders, he has the most potential, but his output has been too inconsistent so far.

But still worth a try as a central striker alongside Martin.

But only if we can get him playing like he did at Hull in the last game.

But most definitely not as a winger or wideman.  

18 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Don't you mean both, not all? Two people are not many.

Blackman is a one or two touch player, whereas Bent is the classic goal poacher.

Neither of them are capable of carrying the ball at speed and shooting with either foot with minimal backlift.

Just like Hector and Bloomer used to.

This is what I think that Kodjia could bring to our team, Vardy style if you like.

This type of player panics the hell out of ANY opposition, even top defenders.

To balance the books, I say sell Hendrick, Johnson and Keogh, plus any other fringe makeweights if necessary.

Then buy Kodjia and Chester. Asap.

Quality beats quantity every single time.

Ande Gray anyone?

Sorted.

Job's a good 'un.

I don't disagree with kodjia but think Keough is plenty good enough for this team. I wouldn't say no to Nakhi wells and knockart joining alongside kodjia though.

gotta dream right!

45 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I don't disagree with kodjia but think Keough is plenty good enough for this team. I wouldn't say no to Nakhi wells and knockart joining alongside kodjia though.

gotta dream right!

You're right to dream.

By all accounts, Keogh is playing hardball with his contract renewal. But he's no Roy Mac, is he?

We could sell him to Fulham who have just netted £12 million for selling McCormack to Villa, so now have money to shore up their poor defence. They are reported to have already made enquiries about him.

James Chester at WBA would be an excellent replacement.   

However, Pearson has stated on numerous occasions that he may be only "tweaking" the squad, not making wholesale changes. Pledging this to MM may have helped him get the job in the first place.

He seems to have been tasked with using most of the players he inherited after our utterly incompetent recruitment team overloading us with mostly dross last season. And at great expense too. On high wages with long contracts too, just to tin hat it.

I hope to heaven that these people have been sacked and replaced by now.

As a glaring example, Camara and Kodjia were both for sale at the same club. We got Razza, bless him, and Bristol got a twenty goal striker for only about a million quid more than we paid. That's just downright farcical, surely?

So let's go get Kodjia asap.

What is interesting is that normally we sort contracts out way before the season kicks off so people know where they stand.

We heard as much earlier in pre-season when one of the ITKs (I forget which), said we would be hearing about Chris Martins situation very shortly, that never materialised.

We are about to kick the season off with our main striker and potential captain both with less than 12 months contract, both with one eye on their future.

It isn't an ideal situation and maybe an indication that the Keogh being difficult rumours are actually true.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It isn't an ideal situation and maybe an indication that the Keogh being difficult rumours are actually true.

So far I've heard this rumour from exactly one source... And it sounds farcical... As Pearson wouldn't continue to build a pre-season CB pairing of Keogh and Shackell if he thought Keogh may not be around...

Until SDSR or the golden one (MWR) confirm these rumours I'll be taking them with a giant lump of salt...

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

So far I've heard this rumour from exactly one source... And it sounds farcical... As Pearson wouldn't continue to build a pre-season CB pairing of Keogh and Shackell if he thought Keogh may not be around...

Until SDSR or the golden one (MWR) confirm these rumours I'll be taking them with a giant lump of salt...

Keogh just gave the pre-Brighton press conference. Why would the club send a player to that who is being difficult. Also suggests he's going to be Captain. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Keogh just gave the pre-Brighton press conference. Why would the club send a player to that who is being difficult. Also suggests he's going to be Captain. 

Because if you wanted to sell him rather than be held to ransom you wouldn't want others knowing there was a problem?

Archived