Captain Keogh next season?

whiteroseram

11 minutes ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

Maybe it was just coincidence then that his form dipped alarmingly when made captain and then improved when it was taken of him. He actually didn't seem to enjoy it very much, from what I saw at games. Not worth the risk IMO and even if it is a myth, there are more vocal & better leaders on the pitch.

I wrote a post just one page back where I could attribute keogh's loss of form without mentioning the captaincy once. No coincidences either! 

When he came in he was captain and was pretty outstanding for that season? Maybe something to do with the consistent partnerships around him?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rample said:

Can't see it being Bryson as he's not guaranteed to be a starter every game. Unlike Shackell at least Keogh cares so I'd go with Keogh for now. Oakley, Hobbs and Morgan have been his last 3 skippers so I'd expect it to be someone from that end of the pitch.

Eh ? If he's not injured he will play 

4 hours ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

Maybe it was just coincidence then that his form dipped alarmingly when made captain and then improved when it was taken of him. He actually didn't seem to enjoy it very much, from what I saw at games. Not worth the risk IMO and even if it is a myth, there are more vocal & better leaders on the pitch.

Keogh's spell without captaincy coincided with the spell of the ultra-defensive and super-organised Clement. 

Personally thought one of Clements biggest mistakes was constantly messing around with the captaincy. 

Keep it the same, I don't think it has any actual affect on his performance. He was captain for what two full seasons before he made the wembley mistake, he certainly made mistakes before it and no one ever mentioned anything about his captaincy.

6 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Personally thought one of Clements biggest mistakes was constantly messing around with the captaincy. 

Keep it the same, I don't think it has any actual affect on his performance. He was captain for what two full seasons before he made the wembley mistake, he certainly made mistakes before it and no one ever mentioned anything about his captaincy.

you really think it makes a difference who goes and picks heads or tails before the game.??? 

The captain shouldn't be "chosen" at the start of the season, if it is it just means they are pretty much guaranteed a starting place which is never good 

52 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

you really think it makes a difference who goes and picks heads or tails before the game.??? 

The captain shouldn't be "chosen" at the start of the season, if it is it just means they are pretty much guaranteed a starting place which is never good 

Like Baird then!

21 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Do we think Keogh will still be skipper under NP+CP? And should he be? Will NP have anyone in mind to bring in as skipper, or will he have a look at the squad in pre season before deciding?

Pros:
Continuity

Captained his country

Multiple managers have seen him as a skipper so must be good in the dressing room

Cons:

Almost never makes a single mistake when he's not captain (didn't make many as captain last few months also imo)

Certain fans will always look for any excuse to get at him

Maybe his capancy will be to associated with the "yearly men" tag?

Thought?

Yes I'd be happy for him to be a captain next season if selected. 

Archived