Thorne & Hughes

Carnero

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

CornwallRam... what a guy. Brilliant work

Pearson is not a big spender and with the help of Walsh he has made some great signings. The future in the transfer market has taken an upturn

The window before that - which was his first back at Leicester

Wes Morgan Nottm Forest £844k

Ben Marshall Stoke City £825k

Danny Drinkwater Manchester Utd.£675k

Nathan Delfouneso Aston Villa Loan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The window before that - which was his first back at Leicester

Wes Morgan Nottm Forest £844k

Ben Marshall Stoke City £825k

Danny Drinkwater Manchester Utd.£675k

Nathan Delfouneso Aston Villa Loan

Pearson and/or his scouts are obviously first rate.

It is also obvious that fans may not have been impressed until they saw how he got them playing.So best for us to keep quiet to save apologising opportunities.

Just now, Rampage said:

Pearson and/or his scouts are obviously first rate.

It is also obvious that fans may not have been impressed until they saw how he got them playing.So best for us to keep quiet to save apologising opportunities.

Hindsight is 20/20

11 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Promotion is 2016/2017 :D

A proven record is a proven record.

It is, but my point was the fact you can look back on players signing all over the place and say whether they were a success or not. There's no way to know at the time.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Pearson's midfield (442) - I personally think that it will not fly:-

Rhea, Cassowary, Ostrich, Emu

No wingers

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

It is, but my point was the fact you can look back on players signing all over the place and say whether they were a success or not. There's no way to know at the time.

So you're saying that signings are only good if they seem good at the time and it's irrelevant how they actually turn out? Err..?

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

So you're saying that signings are only good if they seem good at the time and it's irrelevant how they actually turn out? Err..?

No, that's basically the opposite of what I'm saying.

However the midfield lines up, the first name down is Will Hughes. He's the best in the club with certainty, and probably the best in the division. Players that good can play in any formation.

4 hours ago, eddie said:

You know when they run analyses on the telly, and they join players together with a line, it's not actually like that in real life.

I know, if it was then you wouldn't get caught out position. 

14 minutes ago, FoxInPeace said:

do you have the players to play a 3-4-1-2? Pearson used this formation to keep us up.. Might suit Hughes & Thorne better too as Hughes will have the cover of 3 cb's behind him..

Hughes would probably be the one behind the front 2 in that formation or at least in the middle of the 4, but hopefully not in a defensive mode.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I know, if it was then you wouldn't get caught out position. 

It's a thought though - what a choice for defenders. Head, tackle or clothesline?

28 minutes ago, FoxInPeace said:

do you have the players to play a 3-4-1-2? Pearson used this formation to keep us up.. Might suit Hughes & Thorne better too as Hughes will have the cover of 3 cb's behind him..

3-4-1-2 would be very good for us I think!, Our full backs are very attacking so would be good to use on the wings and would also track back, but we would need another RB/RM in for cover,  Hendrick/Thorne/Johnson/Butterfield/Hughes? can all play in the 2 CM spots, and then the attacking mid can be Bryson/Ince/Hughes?, behind 2 ST's Martin/Russell, Bent/Weimann, Camara/Blackman! Hughes has a ? because he could play in both roles! 

Well for me I'm going to be ultra patient with Pearson if needed and I'm not going to nessesarily look at signings or players he leaves out or puts in in a singular way ,, from what I've seen Pearson builds TEAMS so judging a player / signing or who gets picked ahead of who on the basis of who we think is a better player may not be the best yardstick ,, in short I really trust Pearson to put together a bloody good team given time to get the blend and attitudes right

Archived