Forum offline today at 3pm

Day

We will be offline again today from 3pm for roughly 30 minutes, our database server went down twice yesterday the geeks are moving the forum database to a newer faster hard disk. During this time you may see blank pages, error messages and all kinds of scary things, don't panic, all is good. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, David said:

We will be offline again today from 3pm for roughly 30 minutes, our database server went down twice yesterday the geeks are moving the forum database to a newer faster hard disk. During this time you may see blank pages, error messages and all kinds of scary things, don't panic, all is good. 

that's what fawaz tells the gumpd

26 minutes ago, David said:

You've moved this forum to faster servers so many times I reckon it's now running basically on the computer that flies the starship enterprise. 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You've moved this forum to faster servers so many times I reckon it's now running basically on the computer that flies the starship enterprise. 

Not me this time. Not guilty. They offered, not gonna turn down new hardware. It's the same company and everything so won't be any issues, before I've switched companies as they were crap, been with this host for a couple years now.

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Bah, I've lost all me likes, I'd posted some outstanding stuff today an' all, you'd have loved it if you could have seen it.

Anyway, glad we're back up and running, you take care on that boat, no mucking about. :thumbsup:

Me too. Looks as if plenty of today's posts are gone forever, vanishing into a virtual smoke of ones and zeroes... :(

I don't want to worry you @David but I've gotten the 'internal server error' message three time in the last five minutes. It clears straight away when I press 'back' in the browser or 'home' on the site, so it's no real issue for me, but have you taken a back-up recently?

Seen the same and opened a support ticket today with the host, getting pretty fed up with them now, their latest reply isn't that helpful either. Backups are taken automatically at night or early in the morning

Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 18.46.53.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 18.47.16.png

20:46 got the internal server error again, not moaning, just letting you know pages are taking forever or not loading at all for me. (just tried to give a thumbs up smiley, not having it, hope these guys aren't charging you big bucks mate)

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, you@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

10 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

20:46 got the internal server error again, not moaning, just letting you know pages are taking forever or not loading at all for me. (just tried to give a thumbs up smiley, not having it, hope these guys aren't charging you big bucks mate)

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, you@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Been happening with me too, but found that closing my web browser and restarting it got me connected again temporarily at least. 

Archived