Ghostbusters remake

ramsbottom

It's copping a hell of a lot of flack online after both the trailers they've released so far look underwhelming to say the least.  I've got zero good will for this film, not due to the leads being all female, I like a lot Kristen Wiig's stuff, sames goes for McCarthy's, and Kate McKinnon is sexy as hell.  What kills it for me is the crappy looking CGI and the fact it's not funny.  The original was funny & scary, this looks like being neither, just more of the same lazy Hollywood, remaking classics because they can't be arsed risking decent sized budgets on films that may not make £150m on it's opening weekend.  Tools!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've zero interest in watching this film and won't do so.

I'm not going to bother speaking out of my criticism of it, as you just get attacked by idiots. 

This essentially sums up my feelings on it: 

(in case any of you watch any of his other videos and get confused, he usually does these videos in character)

EDIT: although I don't feel as passionately about this as he does. I'm not going to watch it because it looks ****. 

Sexist! Misogynist! Call the witchfinder general, we have a severe case of heresy on our hands. This will be the single greatest cinematic experience the world has ever known, to believe otherwise is deeply problematic.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I've zero interest in watching this film and won't do so.

I'm not going to bother speaking out of my criticism of it, as you just get attacked by idiots. 

This essentially sums up my feelings on it: 

(in case any of you watch any of his other videos and get confused, he usually does these videos in character)

EDIT: although I don't feel as passionately about this as he does. I'm not going to watch it because it looks ****. 

That man has a Star Trek V standie on his desk.  I suspect he's never made love to a woman without money changing hands...

The ghost logo alone represents everything about this film, exactly the same as the old one, but with shiny bits!!!

Just now, ramsbottom said:

That man has a Star Trek V standie on his desk.  I suspect he's never made love to a woman without money changing hands...

The ghost logo alone represents everything about this film, exactly the same as the old one, but with shiny bits!!!

Pretty sure he's married haha. You should go to comic-con before questioning women in nerd circles :lol:

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I've got a colleague who goes to the East Mids one, his Mrs is buxom to put it kindly.  Saying that I have seen the groups of chicks dressed as Gold Bikini Leia...  Stimulating is the word I'd use...

All the female friends I have are nerds and good looking. Then again most of the guys are too. Maybe I'm just shallow. 

Generational thing too though I imagine. Can't imagine there were many stunnin' nerds in the 80s. 

55 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Females just aren't as funny as men.

Pretty much no decent female comedians and theyre not as funny in films 

Joan Rivers was funny but generally yeah I agree. Once again, that's generally speaking. 

Amy Schumer plagiarises and she still can't manage to be funny.

21 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You boring old buggers. Let it go.

CjAFHVcXAAA4y6-?format=jpg&name=large

She appears to have an original Ghostbusters uniform on. And her name badge says 'Sta' and the rest is obscured. I'm guessing it's Ray Stantz the Dan Akroyd character. So she would appear to already have her hero without the need for a load of angry feminists to hijack an already existing franchise in order to make a point/piss men off. 

7 hours ago, StringerBell said:

She appears to have an original Ghostbusters uniform on. And her name badge says 'Sta' and the rest is obscured. I'm guessing it's Ray Stantz the Dan Akroyd character. So she would appear to already have her hero without the need for a load of angry feminists to hijack an already existing franchise in order to make a point/piss men off. 

Nice try, but "feminist hijacking to make a point/piss men off" has to be an attempt to troll because no-one can be that paranoid. Well done you for picking out the finer details of that image (you're right, she is dressed like the 80s movie), but lazy image-sourcing doesn't dilute the sentiment. Clearly the likes of you and me aren't the key demographic for this reboot, and that really shouldn't be that much of an issue.

16 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Nice try, but "feminist hijacking to make a point/piss men off" has to be an attempt to troll because no-one can be that paranoid. Well done you for picking out the finer details of that image (you're right, she is dressed like the 80s movie), but lazy image-sourcing doesn't dilute the sentiment. Clearly the likes of you and me aren't the key demographic for this reboot, and that really shouldn't be that much of an issue.

My 6 year old daughter is a massive fan of the original. 

She wants to be Jannine or Dana when she grows up (that last bits a joke, she actually wants to be Rick moranis). 

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

You boring old buggers. Let it go.

CjAFHVcXAAA4y6-?format=jpg&name=large

First of all, is it really that inconceivable to you that children can find heroes from the opposite gender? You don't think there are any young boys that admire characters like Rey and Katniss?

Secondly, you're missing the point as to why people hate the new film so much. It's a remake, not a sequel. It's lazy writing attempting to piggyback off a successful franchise with the most minimum effort from the studio. Do you think the new Star Wars would've been so well received if they'd just remade A New Hope with an all female cast? Also, judging by the trailer, it looks crap. You claim little girls need heroes, but this film isn't providing that, it's simply patronising them with base stereotypical humour and "jokes" so bad they would be rejected by BBC3 writers.

50 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I take it you're not familiar with Anita Sarkeesian or Sad Puppies or modern feminists in general. I wish I was paranoid.

file.jpg

Yeah there's no deliberate point being made here.

What you just said about the target demographic and it not being meant for you or me sounds the same to what I said to someone on here who didn't like The Hunger Games. I pointed out that it was an action film with a little less action and a bit more of the love triangle stuff, that it was aimed more at women than an Arnie film would be, was well made and that I had no problem with action films like this being made for women. I have no problem with Paul Feig's female version of a buddy cop film either. I'd have no problem with an original franchise about 4 women who catch ghosts. 

But hijacking an already existing and much beloved intellectual property that people (generally not women) have been waiting for over 2 decades for a sequel for? Not cool.

This is the girls stealing the boys toys. On purpose.

Archived