Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Martins' time at Derby may well be coming to a close and I can understand the reasons why that might be but anyone who has scored over 50 goals in 120 games in the Championship deserves some respect at the very least, not some cheap, throw-away one liner! Makes me sad how some 'fans' are so quick to make such jibes but there again, it's the modern day football supporter!

He just looks so disinterested this season. Players should be busting a gut to impress the new manager.  

Don't get me wrong, Ive enjoyed watching him over the last few years. But this season his attitude is poor. Is it because he's not the key to the team anymore? Or other underlying reasons. 

The cheap shot, is because numerous comments on this forum compare him and bent. Its not possible to compare two different types of striker. Yes bent gets offside more than others, that's his style. If we compare facts that matter this season - bent has scored more goals - simple !!  

Buy they will probably both not Be in the starting 11, by the end of this transfer window. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

When were these 2 chances he had? Whoscored have him down as having 0 shots and they're not on the highlights package either.

And Martin has scored 5 goals from open play since October, plus 1 freekick.  All during the period Wassall was in charge and we were back playing to his strengths.

I take it you are basing your opinions on Internet stats pages and edited highlights packages rather than actually viewing the full 90 mins live  (in the stadium) then

13 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

He just looks so disinterested this season. Players should be busting a gut to impress the new manager.  

Don't get me wrong, Ive enjoyed watching him over the last few years. But this season his attitude is poor. Is it because he's not the key to the team anymore? Or other underlying reasons. 

The cheap shot, is because numerous comments on this forum compare him and bent. Its not possible to compare two different types of striker. Yes bent gets offside more than others, that's his style. If we compare facts that matter this season - bent has scored more goals - simple !!  

Buy they will probably both not Be in the starting 11, by the end of this transfer window. 

So Keogh's currently a better striker than Martin - job done, move RK up front 

22 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

I take it you are basing your opinions on Internet stats pages and edited highlights packages rather than actually viewing the full 90 mins live  (in the stadium) then

I watched the full game on TV and honestly can't remember Bent having a genuine chance. The stats and highlights back that up.

45 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

hope you dont mind me giving my opinion on your team but after watching you friday night it seems to me you have obviously got talented players but it just looked like you need freshening up a bit, your players were getting frustrated with each other, thought keogh was trying his hardest but most of the rest were going through the motions, pearson was a bit quiet on the side line , thought he was a nasty *******, thought he could of done a bit more to fire you up a bit, only my opinion but thats how it looked to me,, and i obviously didnt care who won.

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I watched the full game on TV and honestly can't remember Bent having a genuine chance. The stats and highlights back that up.

He had the chance where he was offside and there was Wilson's run into the box where both of them left it for each other to shoot and neither did. That's all I can think of.

29 minutes ago, ciderarmy said:

hope you dont mind me giving my opinion on your team but after watching you friday night it seems to me you have obviously got talented players but it just looked like you need freshening up a bit, your players were getting frustrated with each other, thought keogh was trying his hardest but most of the rest were going through the motions, pearson was a bit quiet on the side line , thought he was a nasty *******, thought he could of done a bit more to fire you up a bit, only my opinion but thats how it looked to me,, and i obviously didnt care who won.

All this stuff about Pearson being nasty and mental is all a load BS. I see fans saying they detest him because of his attitude on many comment sections. You look at his Leicester side the players loved him, he puts his arm around every player and guides them. Refuses to publicly criticise any of them. Mahrez says he gave him the confidence to go to the next level. Pearson is a man manager, if your onside with the plan he'll stick with you if not you'll be gone.

As for Friday going through the motions is correct, frustrating seeing all that ability there and nothing happening. The team that got to the playoff final would have won that 3 or 4. Ability is nothing without desire and belief. Key players weren't brave on the ball, outfought.

On 28/08/2016 at 15:57, tomsdubs said:

All this stuff about Pearson being nasty and mental is all a load BS. I see fans saying they detest him because of his attitude on many comment sections. You look at his Leicester side the players loved him, he puts his arm around every player and guides them. Refuses to publicly criticise any of them. Mahrez says he gave him the confidence to go to the next level. Pearson is a man manager, if your onside with the plan he'll stick with you if not you'll be gone.

As for Friday going through the motions is correct, frustrating seeing all that ability there and nothing happening. The team that got to the playoff final would have won that 3 or 4. Ability is nothing without desire and belief. Key players weren't brave on the ball, outfought.

We were *****,putti g it politely

Nixon says, post Kodjia signing

"The daft spending in the Championship is far from finished"

"Only three go up, could be six or seven bust at end of the season at this rate"

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

"Only three go up, could be six or seven bust at end of the season at this rate"

It's not daft for Villa or Newcastle as they have the money and also Burnley and Boro splashed last year and it was money well spent .It's just we have spent and had a poor return IMO.

Just now, King Kevin said:

It's not daft for Villa or Newcastle as they have the money and also Burnley and Boro splashed last year and it was money well spent .It's just we have spent and had a poor return IMO.

If I have a tenner to do what I want with and someone sells me a mars bar for it I'm ******* daft, the only exception being if I'm close to starving. 

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Oh heck, FFP is there to protect clubs from stupidity (cue red dogs) 

Archived