3 years ago...

mike93rh

...a Derby side that included Fielding, Freeman, Sammon and Coutts beat a Leicester City side with Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater, Schlupp and Harry Kane. Oh, and Jamie Vardy never made it off the bench. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21724208

It was the last time we beat the Foxes and it just goes to show how important it is to build a team around strong characters and players with potential. Of course, there will be players that don't make the grade, but I feel it emphasises how important it is to keep the likes of Martin, Hendrick, Bryson and Keogh together who were playing that day.

Not that we'd ever emulate what Leicester did, but I feel it's a good example of keeping hold of your talent and giving it time to reach its potential... 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mike93rh said:

....I feel it emphasises how important it is to keep the likes of Martin, Hendrick, Bryson and Keogh together who were playing that day.

Not that we'd ever emulate what Leicester did, but I feel it's a good example of keeping hold of your talent and giving it time to reach its potential... 

Trouble is that goes against the grain for "some fans", in the shortish time I've been on this forum, fairly sure I've seen everyone of them has been suggested surplus by someone.

You missed off Andy King from their list, now there is a thought, wonder how many Foxes fans have written him off since 2006?

I hate the way people cherry pick X amount of years. Saying 40 years, you may as well look at the entire history, which is meaningless anyway. This is far more relevant:

CURRENT championships held: Leicester 1, Derby 0.

37 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I hate the way people cherry pick X amount of years. Saying 40 years, you may as well look at the entire history, which is meaningless anyway. This is far more relevant:

CURRENT championships held: Leicester 1, Derby 0.

Current teams in the play-offs: Derby 1, Leicester 0. ;) 

Archived