Belper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

After everything you've done, surely Mel can sort you out a decent house.! 

Not wishing to derail thread from Belper, but what is Melbourne like to live in? 

Great place to grow up, good school, safe, pretty and great facilities but I wouldn't move back there. Quite cliquey, very conservative, folk know your business and extremely expensive housing.

10 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Great place to grow up, good school, safe, pretty and great facilities but I wouldn't move back there. Quite cliquey, very conservative, folk know your business and extremely expensive housing.

Sounds like somewhere that would suit @Boycie

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Nottingham Road Belper? It sounds like a road where inconsiderate residents might be happy to drape flags from their windows. You should fit in well 1884.

Not when I start hurling streamers at their houses or unleashing confetti cannons in their faces

PistoldPete2
On 3 May 2016 at 20:33, The 1884 Group said:

Belper has extremely expensive housing? compared to what? Don't think its expensive compared to national average is it? Or parts of Derby like littlover allestree and so on. 

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Belper has extremely expensive housing? compared to what? Don't think its expensive compared to national average is it? Or parts of Derby like littlover allestree and so on. 

It is quite expensive compared to a lot of surrounding areas. Obviously, some of the places closer to the city you mentioned are more expensive, but they aren't countryside.

Best shopping high st of the year, lots of art and craft fairs, Belper beer festivals and individual pub festivals, Belper games weekends, farmers market, boutique cafes, great restaurants.

Supermarket, soon to have Aldi too.

Wetherspoons looking at moving in too.

12 Mile from Matlock and the peaks, train station and major bus route.

World heritage site.

32 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Best shopping high st of the year, lots of art and craft fairs, Belper beer festivals and individual pub festivals, Belper games weekends, farmers market, boutique cafes, great restaurants.

World heritage site.

What's the train station like?

39 minutes ago, Boycie said:

World heritage site.

Does having Aldi & Wetherspoons make it posh?.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Does having Aldi & Wetherspoons make it posh?.

Not sure i said it made it posh, but check out some of the motors outside an Aldi nowadays.

Didnt realise Wolves were snobs?

6 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

That comment was about Melbourne mate, someone asked me what it was like to grow up there.

15 hours ago, Boycie said:

Not sure i said it made it posh, but check out some of the motors outside an Aldi nowadays.

Didnt realise Wolves were snobs?

Under cover of darkness and with fake moustache, I have no doubt appeared on Aldi CCTV, if only for their excellent chilli peanuts and salami.

PistoldPete2
17 hours ago, Srg said:

It is quite expensive compared to a lot of surrounding areas. Obviously, some of the places closer to the city you mentioned are more expensive, but they aren't countryside.

Ok so that's a bit different to extremely expensive... Now you say It's quite expensive compared to a lot of surrounding areas. Like Duffield? i guess it may be more expensive than ripely or heanor or places like that. I don't know really as I'm not looking to buy a house. But when I see places advertised in the paper I don't think blimey belper looks expensive place to live. 

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ok so that's a bit different to extremely expensive... Now you say It's quite expensive compared to a lot of surrounding areas. Like Duffield? i guess it may be more expensive than ripely or heanor or places like that. I don't know really as I'm not looking to buy a house. But when I see places advertised in the paper I don't think blimey belper looks expensive place to live. 

Duffield is just straight up posh, so that's a lot more expensive.

But it's more expensive than the likes of Heanor, Ripley, Alfreton etc

Archived