Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

4 minutes ago, Joel Stanley said:

Well it works for Italian teams, given we aren't that... but my view is the 433 days are over, I don't mind what our formation is so long as there are two strikers we need a change

I think the point was that even Italy would have problems with midfield trio like Ince-Hughes-Bryson. Quite unbalanced, don't you think?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 16:38, Joel Stanley said:

Martin              Wells/Bent

Ince

Hughes            Hendrick/Bryson

Forsyth/Olsson                                                       Christie

Shackell     Keogh/Rawson      Wisdom

Carson

Looks good to me that does, people like Butterfield (CM/10) and Weimann (as a 10/Striker) that could do a job in that system as well. and I think that this would get the best out of Ince

I am no FA official, but I am pretty sure you are not allowed 15 outfields players on at the same time.

22 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I think the point was that even Italy would have problems with midfield trio like Ince-Hughes-Bryson. Quite unbalanced, don't you think?

I do see what you mean but a back three playing behind energetic wing backs and box to box midfielders seems reasonable, just a suggestion really 

5 hours ago, Joel Stanley said:

i assume by full back you mean right sided, if so is that to replace Christie or backup to Christie?

We shouldn't be looking at backups for any position. Any new signings should be potential first-name on the team sheet quality and I would suggest we look at a winger and a pacey striker. I've previously suggested Nathan Dyer and Nahki Wells and have seen no reason to change my mind.

14 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

We shouldn't be looking at backups for any position. Any new signings should be potential first-name on the team sheet quality and I would suggest we look at a winger and a pacey striker. I've previously suggested Nathan Dyer and Nahki Wells and have seen no reason to change my mind.

I completely agree with Nakhi Wells, that would be a great signing and I think he would fit in.

However, I'm not convinced by Dyer although we could do with some wide players he just doesn't score enough goals. I've said (although unrealistic) it's worth having a look at someone like Bakary Sako at Crystal Palace, proven goal scorer at this level and out of favour at Palace.

I'm actually liking the way the Irish are set up at this tournament. 4-1-2-1-2.

It would allow on paper Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes to all slot in, but would the full backs be able to provide the width? Ince/Hughes could both play behind two strikers. Hendrick and Bryson would have the reigns to push forward at will but there would be a huge onus on the full backs to be offensive and defensive.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

It would allow on paper Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes to all slot in, but would the full backs be able to provide the width? Ince/Hughes could both play behind two strikers. Hendrick and Bryson would have the reigns to push forward at will but there would be a huge onus on the full backs to be offensive and defensive.

Would absolutely love that, albeit unlikely

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

1 hour ago, Joel Stanley said:

Would absolutely love that, albeit unlikely

That is how we started with Clement last pre-season and for 20 odd minutes against Bolton, with Thorne holding, Hughes and Bryson with Ince behind Martin and Weimann/Russell

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

That is how we started with Clement last pre-season and for 20 odd minutes against Bolton, with Thorne holding, Hughes and Bryson with Ince behind Martin and Weimann/Russell

Didn't notice that to be fair. Pearson likes his width though can't see him playing without wide midfielders or wing backs

What about Anthony Knockaert? Was class for Brighton since joining them on loan. He could add that quality we lack in the final third and not to mention is insane at set pieces. He also has gained promotion to the premier league under Pearson

Archived