OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

With all due respect if they let the screaming get to them then maybe they should not be playing for this club

I prefer to look at it in a way that the ones doing the screaming should not be supporting this club.

But then I happen to also not be so dense that I understand that our players are actual human beings and not robots.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLovin said:

I know it's baffling, glad Im not the only one who is shocked at DEL criticizing pokemon. How could you not play Pokemon in your childhood?

I never had a childhood being bought up in Sinfin, we went hunting and foraging for dinner, and threw rocks at big metal birds in the sky

Just now, Mafiabob said:

The one you said that needed to go? 

Where do we get some from eh

So if the 1st coach is sacked for poor performances and results and we then employ a temp doing the same job, but at the end the season, the temp has a poor record than the coach that was originally sacked.

And some on here want to give the job to the temp with a poorer record?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I know it's baffling, glad Im not the only one who is shocked at DEL criticizing pokemon. How could you not play Pokemon in your childhood?

Perhaps I wasn't interested in Pokemon? FFS. 

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

So if the 1st coach is sacked for poor performances and results and we then employ a temp doing the same job, but at the end the season, the temp has a poor record than the coach that was originally sacked.

And some on here want to give the job to the temp with a poorer record?

the previous coach had a pre-season and his own coaches and signings.

The replacement coach has to repair the damage done by the Clement, improving fitness and mentality prior to getting results. It is very simplistic and definitely ignorant on your part to suggest that Wassall be judged from minute 1, part way through the season. But then again, I know your treachery, you judged him before a ball was kicked under his management.

Just now, McLovin said:

It's never too late to start ;)

Don't have time for that. Got better things to do than that tbf. :) 

41 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Mel, on the other hand, out of 2,500 people surveyed, 1650 didn't vote for Pearson. Bare that in mind. ;)

This is why democracy is such a scam.. only 32% of people voted the tories.. yet they got a majority.. but 68% of people didn't want them..

Dennis: that's a smashing system that, Barry, everybody gets what nobody wants.

Barry: That's Democracy, Dennis 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

nice try, but no. I didn't renew during that season because I was laid off by Bombardier and got a job out of Derby that meant no midweek matches. Not sure how you gleaned that I didn't renew cos of Clough.

Yeah, of course Moisty :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

but the previous coach started the season 0pts off the top of the league and left 5pts off the top. Just as bad.

Clement was sacked because of poor performances (and results I believe), forgetting Wassall finished off with us 11 pts from promotion.

The performances under Wassall  did not really improve, arguably some were even worse than under Clement, especially Hull play off, Cardiff and QPR away.

Wassall had his chance, but things didn't improve, so he's not the right man for the job. No disrespect to Wassall he seems a good coach but at kids level, a bit like Clement, he seems a good coach but at assistant  level.......

From my perspective, the real failure this season surrounds Paul Clement - who I think it's fair to say we all had high hopes. We'll never really know why things fell apart after Christmas, but they did. Wassall met his target (I'm assuming) of making the play offs.

What I find amusing and tragic is the "I will not tolerate being slightly underwhelmed".

Darren Wassall - slightly underwhelming but did just about OK. His being given a season as top dog, underwhelming, but no reason it can't be OK and absolutely no reason not to support him.

My hunch is he's not the man to sort out our soft mentality and the 1st leg v Hull effectively lost him the job.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

the previous coach had a pre-season and his own coaches and signings.

The replacement coach has to repair the damage done by the Clement, improving fitness and mentality prior to getting results. It is very simplistic and definitely ignorant on your part to suggest that Wassall be judged from minute 1, part way through the season. But then again, I know your treachery, you judged him before a ball was kicked under his management.

He is judged by his results, it's a results business, the results were just not good enough. Those that want to mentioned our performances, they also didn't  really improve did they.

Archived