OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

From what ive been told. Wassall is not getting the job. 

I have no idea who is or where we are with it. 

But I heard at the weekend that Wassall would not get the job. 

No reason why things would have changed. Ill be really angry if they have. 

I reckon Mackworth is Rammie. That's why he is now out of the loop - a lame duck (well sheep) mascot, no longer privy to innermost thoughts of Chairman Mel.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lord_Ram said:

7-10 days is far too long, we had plenty of time to write up 2 lists for whichever division we'd be since February when Clement was sacked

7 days gets to the end of May, use your brain. The end of a contract and thus no compensation.

59 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Fair point but if we don't pick up points in the opening 5 games with wassall in charge fans will start to talk with their feet

that could happen under any manager,

Part of me wants Wassall to get the job, hopefully all the disloyal fans will then go away and stay away.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

7 days gets to the end of May, use your brain. The end of a contract and thus no compensation.

Part of me wants Wassall to get the job, hopefully all the disloyal fans will then go away and stay away.

If it weeds out a few "nothing is ever good enough for my club" bandwagon jumper then that certainly a positive.

So @Mostyn6you want wassall to ultimately get the job.... Fail.... And go back to mid table mediocrity?? I want the ipro packed to the rafters and away days selling out. I remember going to hull away in the clough era. We took 300 on a Tuesday night and lost 2-1. It was the worst game I've been to. We only need a few tweaks and an experienced manager is top of mine and most fans wanted list! 

Just now, deanoakaram4life said:

So @Mostyn6you want wassall to ultimately get the job.... Fail.... And go back to mid table mediocrity?? I want the ipro packed to the rafters and away days selling out. I remember going to hull away in the clough era. We took 300 on a Tuesday night and lost 2-1. It was the worst game I've been to. We only need a few tweaks and an experienced manager is top of mine and most fans wanted list! 

Just out of interest how do you know wassall will fail and that your experienced manager won't?

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Disloyal - you mean like someone who refused to renew their season ticket because Nigel Clough was the manager?

comment by © Mostyn6 - BBC606 POTY 2007 & 2008 (U1485)

posted on 31/12/11

OOE, as you know I didnt renew my ST this season and as a result I have refrained from posting post-match if I havent attended, much like yourself during your recovery. BUT, regardless of attending live or watching on a stream or listening on a radio commentary, certain elements DO translate over.

I could tell we were playing well in the first half hour, similarly I could tell we were backs to the wall in the last! Having confirmed with people who were at the game, my remote assessment appears accurate!

Just my opinion, and its clearly up there to be disagreed with, is that putting everyone behind the ball has in recent years been more of a failure than a success.

Just now, deanoakaram4life said:

he's just sustained a top 5 team with someone else's players. Why would employing him lead to mid-table mediocrity?

He's also been on the back end of some harsh criticism and made some rookie errors, the kind that build great character and mental strength in most.

If he wants the job, there's no valid reason he cannot be successful other than some sort of football-snobbery. The kind of "we have money, we need a A-lister in charge" nonsense.

There's as much chance of an experienced manager failing to improve us as there is in Wassall failing. Look how many 'experienced' managers have just finished below Wassall in the league.

If you're more interested in capacity attendance than the future of the club itself, I'd rather you went and supported Man United.

3 minutes ago, KBB said:

Just out of interest how do you know wassall will fail and that your experienced manager won't?

After what you've seen this season you think wassall is taking us up next year? Mel had to appoint a "head of football relations" he was that out of his depth! 

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Disloyal - you mean like someone who refused to renew their season ticket because Nigel Clough was the manager?

comment by © Mostyn6 - BBC606 POTY 2007 & 2008 (U1485)

posted on 31/12/11

OOE, as you know I didnt renew my ST this season and as a result I have refrained from posting post-match if I havent attended, much like yourself during your recovery. BUT, regardless of attending live or watching on a stream or listening on a radio commentary, certain elements DO translate over.

I could tell we were playing well in the first half hour, similarly I could tell we were backs to the wall in the last! Having confirmed with people who were at the game, my remote assessment appears accurate!

Just my opinion, and its clearly up there to be disagreed with, is that putting everyone behind the ball has in recent years been more of a failure than a success.

nice try, but no. I didn't renew during that season because I was laid off by Bombardier and got a job out of Derby that meant no midweek matches. Not sure how you gleaned that I didn't renew cos of Clough.

4 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

After what you've seen this season you think wassall is taking us up next year? Mel had to appoint a "head of football relations" he was that out of his depth! 

So what is it you have seen with an "experienced manager", yet to be appointed, who has never managed a league game for Derby, that makes you so sure he would take us up?

all guess work and your opinion.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

he's just sustained a top 5 team with someone else's players. Why would employing him lead to mid-table mediocrity?

He's also been on the back end of some harsh criticism and made some rookie errors, the kind that build great character and mental strength in most.

If he wants the job, there's no valid reason he cannot be successful other than some sort of football-snobbery. The kind of "we have money, we need a A-lister in charge" nonsense.

There's as much chance of an experienced manager failing to improve us as there is in Wassall failing. Look how many 'experienced' managers have just finished below Wassall in the league.

If you're more interested in capacity attendance than the future of the club itself, I'd rather you went and supported Man United.

I don't think you'll find one fan who doesn't want the ipro full every week. And I'm afraid if you want derby to be successful and ultimately in the prem, you'll have to endure a hell of a lot of so called "half fans." 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don't take the moral high ground, look at the post above you. Wanting a manager to come in just to "get rid of the bandwagon" fans rather than the right reasons is pathetic and deep down you know it is too

That was me who said about the bandwagon fans.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Wassall has already failed, move on!

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Wassall has already failed, move on!

has he? I mean really... has he 'failed'? 

Pearson took two attempts and THREE years and spending a bit of money on his own signings to get Leicester up. Wassall has had THREE MONTHS and none of his own signings. He's not been able to replace the weak-minded bottlers in the team and he should be allowed to.

This self-destruction amongst Derby fans is disgraceful. We may be onto something decent with Wassall, who knows?

8 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I don't think you'll find one fan who doesn't want the ipro full every week. And I'm afraid if you want derby to be successful and ultimately in the prem, you'll have to endure a hell of a lot of so called "half fans." 

depends what it's full of. I want it full of proper fans, but I'd rather have 15000 singing their hearts out and backing the team and players, than have 32000 with half booing and being disloyal like nowadays.

2 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

The DET have done a poll. Roughly speaking:

2500 surveyed

850 pearson

550 martinez

450 warburton

300 rowett

100 wassall

250 rest

1 IN 3 GO FOR PEARSON. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO MEL!!!!!!!!!!

Basically, what you are saying is that the most popular choice would be unpopular. Sometimes, poor old Mel can't win.

Archived