OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

John Percy said we're working through a list and hope to make an appointment in the next 7-10 days.

Can you expand on your statement Bris...?

7-10 days is far too long, we had plenty of time to write up 2 lists for whichever division we'd be since February when Clement was sacked

1 minute ago, Lord_Ram said:

7-10 days is far too long, we had plenty of time to write up 2 lists for whichever division we'd be since February when Clement was sacked

Interviews, drawing up contracts, arranging media. Don't need to take our time with these do we :mellow:

2 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Can you share the what's, ifs and buts please? 

I'm sure he'll post up the link to a HITC article, just as soon as he's finished making it up.

Edit - typing it up.

Just now, reveldevil said:

I'm sure he'll post up the link to a HITC article, just as soon as he's finished making it up.

Edit - typing it up.

Ok. Well can he let us know when it's going up because I might wack a few pennies on Wassall if it's a done deal - which is what it seems at the moment :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can't see into the future unfortunately.

Or you just guessing? Please let me know when we're signing Oxford player. Thanks :) 

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

Interviews, drawing up contracts, arranging media. Don't need to take our time with these do we :mellow:

It's already been a week, and if it's going to take nearly another two weeks to interview a few people then how big is our list??? I'm sure the club would have had managers that would be in contention regardless which division we would be in, in which case part of the interviewing process could have been done throughout the season, since that's what seemingly happened when we appointed MacLaren just a very few days after cloughs sacking

I thought the only two plus points about not winning the playoffs were Wassall wouldn't get the job and we have the advantage over the other playoff teams by stealing a march in the transfer window.....

But, there seems to be a growing reality that Wassall could get the job and all this fannying about means we are no better than any other club.

35 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Pure fan revolt next season if wassall is in charge. Would show no ambition at all. Mel may as well stand in the dugout if wassall is appointed! 

Fan revolt ? From who ? I very much doubt the vast majority of rams fans will "revolt" . 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Or you just guessing? Please let me know when we're signing Oxford player. Thanks :) 

Like I said, I can't foresee the future. I really wish I could.

If I could foresee the future, I would have told you O'Dowda had ridiculous wage demands prior to joining and Mel Morris would reject Pearson's advances when his team reached out to hold talks.

I would have also told you Aitor Karanka would return to the Boro job days after walking out.

But as I can't see in to the future, I can't say with 100% certainty whether things will happen or not.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

It's already been a week, and if it's going to take nearly another two weeks to interview a few people then how big is our list??? I'm sure the club would have had managers that would be in contention regardless which division we would be in, in which case part of the interviewing process could have been done throughout the season, since that's what seemingly happened when we appointed MacLaren just a very few days after cloughs sacking

We were in the middle of the season then, we had to act quickly. Now it is best to take our time and get the right man, we don't want to be in the same position this time next year do we?

Tim Sherwood 1

Darren Wassall 9/2

Gary Rowett 9/2

David Moyes 8

Mark Warburton 8

Nigel Pearson 9

Neil Warnock 12

Roberto Martinez 12

Daily update - Sherwood cut from 11/8 to 5/4 to Even money today

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Like I said, I can't foresee the future. I really wish I could.

If I could foresee the future, I would have told you O'Dowda had ridiculous wage demands prior to joining and Mel Morris would reject Pearson's advances when his team reached out to hold talks.

I would have also told you Aitor Karanka would return to the Boro job days after walking out.

But as I can't see in to the future, I can't say with 100% certainty whether things will happen or not.

When will the article be out bud? Soonish? 

Archived