ST Holder - can't make the game?

Rev

I do think it would be a good idea if, as a ST holder who can't make a certain game, you could e-mail a print at home ticket to a friend or relative to use in your place, the seats already paid for, so why let it go empty if you can't attend for whatever reason.

Also, I know a number of clubs in the Prem allow you to resell your seat for games you know you can't attend in advance, something similar would be welcome.

My idea is this, you'd contact the club and authorise them to sell your seat for the game on your behalf, then the club would pay you back in vouchers to be spent in the club shop, concourses etc, minus the club's expenses.

Everyone's a winner, and potential empty seats would make more money than currently. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I thought you could lend your ST if you can't go? As long as it's the same age bracket etc.

If you live some distance away from Derby though, and something comes up meaning you can't go, it'd be good to email a ticket to someone who could.

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If you live some distance away from Derby though, and something comes up meaning you can't go, it'd be good to email a ticket to someone who could.

True, but like you say, that would have to come from the club.

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If they have your details, can reprint at ticket office for the day. 

Didnt we do "rain check" games at some point? Not sure exactly what they entailed. 

16 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I think its a great idea rev, take no notice of Boycie, he's a dinosaur.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

If they have your details, can reprint at ticket office for the day. 

Didnt we do "rain check" games at some point? Not sure exactly what they entailed. 

I didn't know that Srg, thanks.

The rain check games just meant you could get 2 extra tickets for a game you'd already have a ST for.

Think we've made great strides over ticketing and I love the print at home thing, which I asked for back for the last Brighton away playoff because they did it and we didn't. Well done to everyone for making it happen. That works for me because I'm not local, like @reveldevil, so I can see the inconvenience.

But something like this risks revenue-loss to the club unless we're already at capacity. The missus is a gooner and they have a resale site where season ticket holders can flog theirs if not attending, but it only comes on stream once all the tickets from the club have sold out. Given our attendances are so brilliant already, I'd expect something like this to come in if (or as Mel might say "when") we get promotion, but I wouldn't expect the club to do it before and risk losing money as season ticket holders sell their tickets on when they can't go.

[I'm not saying Revel is selling the ticket on, but of course some people will if there's the option.]

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 22:07, reveldevil said:

in that event, get a friend to attend ticket office as "you" advising ticket has been forgotten, and pay for that seat ......then you get a refund when you next attend. If ID needed email them a utility bill. Messy, but would work.

Best scheme was ten years ago when if you missed a game, you could get an extra ticket for a future match. Could do this 3 times a season, cost club nothing and brought in some fans who otherwise would not have attended. Game for free tickets was always an u attractive game where seats would not all be sold

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Think we've made great strides over ticketing and I love the print at home thing, which I asked for back for the last Brighton away playoff because they did it and we didn't. Well done to everyone for making it happen. That works for me because I'm not local, like @reveldevil, so I can see the inconvenience.

But something like this risks revenue-loss to the club unless we're already at capacity. The missus is a gooner and they have a resale site where season ticket holders can flog theirs if not attending, but it only comes on stream once all the tickets from the club have sold out. Given our attendances are so brilliant already, I'd expect something like this to come in if (or as Mel might say "when") we get promotion, but I wouldn't expect the club to do it before and risk losing money as season ticket holders sell their tickets on when they can't go.

[I'm not saying Revel is selling the ticket on, but of course some people will if there's the option.]

I've seen a similar scheme at Everton, but the amounts being asked for tickets was scandalous. 

I wouldn't be in favour of making a killing selling your seat, hence the voucher idea, capped at the same price as a normal match ticket.

In fact, a credit against future ST purchases would work well.

I'm 99% sure there is a system for this, you are charged a fee to cover the price difference if you're in a different age category to the ticket you are borrowing.

Currently limited to four games I think but I've never personally done it so not 100% on how it's done.

The youngest in our group is in a young adult category and full adults have gone by paying the upgrade fee. You get a standard game ticket and the season ticket is probably deactivated for the match.

I'm all for the use of tech for games, app or some kind of contactless payment system which stops the cuing for tickets, I have used the print out system which has its flaws, I printed from a laser printer which worked fine but when I printed from an inkjet it struggled to pick up the barcode, even in fine print.

Archived