87 points - The 3 B's

robglosta

On 4/23/2016 at 21:00, Brighton said:

Not us. If we manage to beat you then we'll collapse at Boro as our defense will buckle. Our defense is our weakness and has cost us so many points this season. Do some research on our calamity keeper and defenders and you'll see what I mean.

Fair answer,Stockdale does seem to be a bit dodgy whenever I watch Brighton play and Dunk is a bit of a donkey, so glad we got Shackell instead. Your midfield is probably your strong spot with Kayal, Stephens and knockaert are decent

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/04/2016 at 23:13, TETRA said:

Well in the automatic chase the Boro result today does mean one thing for Brighton I suppose, they now don't necessarily need to win their last two games. A draw with us & a win at Boro would be enough for them to go up in the top two with Burnley.

True. Or ...... If Boro lose or draw at Birmingham on friday, then brighton know if they can beat us on monday night, a point at Boro would then be enough.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

True. Or ...... If Boro lose or draw at Birmingham on friday, then brighton know if they can beat us on monday night, a point at Boro would then be enough.

Yes it could well workout that way. Personally if I can see any side tripping up over the final two games I can see it being Boro. They are under the most pressure of the three even though their at home on the final day, also over the course of the season they haven't been as consistent & as together as a team when compared to Burnley & Brighton.

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

The goal difference between Boro and Brighton is only 3. If Brighton beat us 2-0 and Boro lose 2-0 to Brum, suddenly a draw is enough for Brighton at the Riverside.

So close!

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

The goal difference between Boro and Brighton is only 3. If Brighton beat us 2-0 and Boro lose 2-0 to Brum, suddenly a draw is enough for Brighton at the Riverside.

So close!

If Boro drop points and we beat you a draw would be enough for us at Boro regardless of goals.

Goals come into play if there is a 4 goal or more swing this weekend, so Boro losing 1-0 and us winning 3-0 would put them 2 behind us. If they beat us 1-0 we'd be ahead on Goals Scored, so they'd need to win 2-0. 

So if Boro lose on Friday night and we can beat you by 3 goals we'd be giving ourselves the possibility of losing at Boro and still going up. I suspect beating you by 1 will be tough enough mind, never mind thinking about the number of goals!

1 hour ago, SimonBHA said:

If Boro drop points and we beat you a draw would be enough for us at Boro regardless of goals.

Goals come into play if there is a 4 goal or more swing this weekend, so Boro losing 1-0 and us winning 3-0 would put them 2 behind us. If they beat us 1-0 we'd be ahead on Goals Scored, so they'd need to win 2-0. 

So if Boro lose on Friday night and we can beat you by 3 goals we'd be giving ourselves the possibility of losing at Boro and still going up. I suspect beating you by 1 will be tough enough mind, never mind thinking about the number of goals!

Ultimately you may want it more than us & that may be enough. On the other hand our boys can play a bit and if they are in the mood you are in for a bit of a game.

1 hour ago, SimonBHA said:

not often we lose by 3 though...

1 hour ago, Srg said:

not often we lose by 3 though...

As I said, beating you by 1 would be tough enough. It would need Boro to lose at Birmingham to even come into play anyway. Was only reacting to the incorrect post I quoted. Boro could lose by 2 and then a 2-0 win for us would do it. Or Boro lose 3-0 and then 1-0 is enough for us. Truth be told, I doubt Boro will lose anyway but if they do it makes our game with you even tastier as an extra goal could make a big difference to the final day scenarios.

With Boro playing Brighton it's going to be Burnley going back up with one of the other two. When there's nothing else to play for in the Championship, it's a fabulous finale and you've got to take your hat off to all three teams with 87 points at this stage. It would be amazing if a team gets 90 points and ends up going into the playoffs.

Whoever does finish third has still got to be strong favourites for the playoffs. I think Brighton have the toughest two matches, but they've kept surprising people all season, so don't write them off for an automatic slot just yet. I've a feeling it'll come down to us and Boro at Wembley.

We're capable of scoring a hatful.. we're also capable of capitulating and going down 4-1 lol.

If we rest key players we could still dominate without putting the ball in the net and Brighton pick us off, I wouldn't rule out a 3 goal win for either side, it'll be an open game because there's nothing for us to play anymore now we're in the playoffs and I suspect we'll be quite open, which could play into Brightons hands also. 

one thing is for sure we're in for a fascinating final 12 or so days :) 

12 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

As I said, beating you by 1 would be tough enough. It would need Boro to lose at Birmingham to even come into play anyway. Was only reacting to the incorrect post I quoted. Boro could lose by 2 and then a 2-0 win for us would do it. Or Boro lose 3-0 and then 1-0 is enough for us. Truth be told, I doubt Boro will lose anyway but if they do it makes our game with you even tastier as an extra goal could make a big difference to the final day scenarios.

We do have the players to really hurt you on Monday, Chris Martin does have a habit of scoring down there at the Amex on a fairly regular basis. It will be a very interesting game. But I do have to say from what I've seen of Brighton over the season they are a real team unit, As much as it hurts me to say it Chris Hughton has made some incredibly good signings over the last twelve months, no one could really argue with that. You now seem very strong in all areas of the pitch. Some say your defence might be a bit dodgy, but Dunk has always been very highly rated, even we were very keen to sign him in the summer from all reports, & you seem to have stolen a march on other clubs by signing a very promising young centre half in Goldson.

As much as I would love us to put it over on you again down there like we did a few seasons ago, I feel you are now a very different proposition. It could be a very close contest, but based on your current form with the players you now have at your disposal. I expect you will beat us this time.

Archived