87 points - The 3 B's

robglosta

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boro have proven in cup competitions over the past two years they can beat PL clubs.

I do find their style bizarre though. It's like they enjoy being dominated and scoring goals agains the run of play. I mean, Leicester can do it becaus they've got pace on the counter, but Boro aren't exactly quick are they?

I'd hate to watch that every week. 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Boro have proven in cup competitions over the past two years they can beat PL clubs.

I do find their style bizarre though. It's like they enjoy being dominated and scoring goals agains the run of play. I mean, Leicester can do it becaus they've got pace on the counter, but Boro aren't exactly quick are they?

Cup competitions are hardly a good way to prove that, just look at how Sheffield United kept having those good cup runs under Clough, but I doubt they would be able to do that in the Prem. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'd argue Man City last season threw the match, you could tell they weren't interested at all.

Man United didn't want to be out there either lol

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Cup competitions are hardly a good way to prove that, just look at how Sheffield United kept having those good cup runs under Clough, but I doubt they would be able to do that in the Prem. 

I understand that, but it's the way they play. They'll play the same way in the Championship and the Premier League. How do you break down a team who just sits back and defends? Defensively, they're brilliant.

West Brom get battered most weeks too. But they're from the same mould.

I reckon Boro will just turn into another West Brom under Karanka if they go up.

As for this game. Shotton is such a calamity.

5 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Don't see any reason why Derby should fear playing Boro at Wembley, yes they are the more likely team to win but not impossible.

Not so much fear, more considering probabilities. I think we'd be more likely to beat Brighton than the other two.

Archived