2016 ... Gahhhhh

StockholmRam

Now Prince departs this mortal coil. Blimey it's been a horrid year for losing the planets talent. Bowie, Lemmie, Prince, Alan Rickman, Johan Cruyff, Keith Emersson, Ronnie Corbett, Victoria Wood to name a few and it's only April... I guess at my age I'm finding more and more of my childhood heroes departing as they reach their older years but Prince at only 57 was a real shocker...such a talent. It's been a very dark year in this sense. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a celebrity but a well known and loved man who had black and white blood in his veins has sadly passed away. 

Reg Baxter from Uttox,  formerly Doveridge,  has been taken aged 58.

Reg was a ST holder in the East Stand and a former Popsider. He was a bear of a man with a heart to match. He rarely missed a game in 50 years and was very well known and liked in the Utch,  Ashbourne,  Sudbury & Doveridge areas. 

Always in the Black Swan for a post match chat and a wind up of the local stokies.

Top man, top Rams fan, 

Rip Big Reg, we'll miss you mate. 

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not a celebrity but a well known and loved man who had black and white blood in his veins has sadly passed away. 

Reg Baxter from Uttox,  formerly Doveridge,  has been taken aged 58.

Reg was a ST holder in the East Stand and a former Popsider. He was a bear of a man with a heart to match. He rarely missed a game in 50 years and was very well known and liked in the Utch,  Ashbourne,  Sudbury & Doveridge areas. 

Always in the Black Swan for a post match chat and a wind up of the local stokies.

Top man, top Rams fan, 

Rip Big Reg, we'll miss you mate. 

Knew Reg really well Utch mate. Played football against him many times in his Doveridge days. Truly smashing fella. 

He was hard as nails on the pitch. Never gave an inch in any game ever but a real gent and friend in the bar after the game. 

Found out from a close friend of his last night. Was ever so sad to hear. Spoke to Roger Davies about Reg a few years ago and he said Reg was the best player he ever saw that didn't play at least semi pro. 

Sleep well mate. You were a Summer League legend. 

32 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Knew Reg really well Utch mate. Played football against him many times in his Doveridge days. Truly smashing fella. 

He was hard as nails on the pitch. Never gave an inch in any game ever but a real gent and friend in the bar after the game. 

Found out from a close friend of his last night. Was ever so sad to hear. Spoke to Roger Davies about Reg a few years ago and he said Reg was the best player he ever saw that didn't play at least semi pro. 

Sleep well mate. You were a Summer League legend. 

A up Stockers, got some great stories to tell about Reg. Its a bit raw atm and i'll be seeing all the lads in the morning before the match, his sister helps to run the Swan in Utch where our mini bus goes from so it'll be a sad early doors....

I'll post some tales up in a few weeks when its more appropriate.

I had a feeling you'd know him!

Archived