Treatment of fans

clough08

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, clough08 said:

If you're just a customer, you'll have no problem taking your custom elsewhere. Shop around a bit for the next club to support. One that suits your image and lifestyle maybe? Maybe surf the internet to find a new club to support.

Personally I'm a lot more than a customer, I'm a supporter and if you don't get that we can never be friends.

My post may or may not have been ironic.

21 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

No totally wrong.I noticed you haven't answered the question.Where you live.Thats why you talk crap,it's about community in a small area like us.DCFC is part of our community,our lives.Why do you think the players visit local schools,hospitals.community centres,etc? We are not customers,ASDA down the road have customers not fans,with DCFC it's the opposite If you don't understand that then you don't understand football.

You really think that the players visit local schools, community centers, hospitals because they want to be part of the community..?? really, do you think that..???

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You really think that the players visit local schools, community centers, hospitals because they want to be part of the community..?? really, do you think that..???

He didn't say that. He said DCFC is part of our community. If the players are employed by DCFC and required to do school and hospital visits then I don't see that it matters what they may or may not think. Maybe you'd like to barge into the children's ward next time DCFC visit and explain to the kids that although Chris Martin has been really nice to them he doesn't actually give a **** about them and is only there because of contractual obligations.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

DCFC is a massive corporate machine now, its not part of any community. That finished a long time ago I am afraid.

If that's what you truly believe then you're making a very bad consumer decision by shopping with Derby County. There are better products on the market in a similar price range.

41 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

No totally wrong.I noticed you haven't answered the question.Where you live.Thats why you talk crap,it's about community in a small area like us.DCFC is part of our community,our lives.Why do you think the players visit local schools,hospitals.community centres,etc? We are not customers,ASDA down the road have customers not fans,with DCFC it's the opposite If you don't understand that then you don't understand football.

I'm a big fan of Asda

1 minute ago, Anon said:

If that's what you truly believe then you're making a very bad consumer decision by shopping with Derby County. There are better products on the market in a similar price range.

its not what i believe, its the truth. If you want a community club then go and take a look at FC United.

Derby probably do more to communicate with fans than most clubs in any of the top 4 divisions.

They've answered your questions. If you don't like the answers that's something different. What do you want answered?

Who our next manager is? What if he's tied in a contract? 

What would you even do with that info?

And anything released to you is released to the world.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Derby probably do more to communicate with fans than most clubs in any of the top 4 divisions.

They've answered your questions. If you don't like the answers that's something different. What do you want answered?

Who our next manager is? What if he's tied in a contract? 

What would you even do with that info?

And anything released to you is released to the world.

Yes I would like to know a few things. What the plan is for our next manager for example, whats the selection criteria this time ? (Novice with perceived potential , experienced old head etc etc ) I would also like to know if we really really are going to stick with Wassel until the end of the season, or do we have a chance of a saviour coming. I want to know this because I like thousands of other love and care about this football club and are extremely worried about its current plight. I wouldn't do anything with the information other than feel valued I know what's happening with the club I'm emotionally attached to. 

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yes I would like to know a few things. What the plan is for our next manager for example, whats the selection criteria this time ? (Novice with perceived potential , experienced old head etc etc ) I would also like to know if we really really are going to stick with Wassel until the end of the season, or do we have a chance of a saviour coming. I want to know this because I like thousands of other love and care about this football club and are extremely worried about its current plight. I wouldn't do anything with the information other than feel valued I know what's happening with the club I'm emotionally attached to. 

What if they can't get the manager they want? What if they're taking their time selecting candidates? What message would it send to Wassall who needs to still believe this season can end well for him for him to do his best? 

They said we're sticking with Wassall until the end of the season 

I love the club too. But I don't need to know these things. I don't need to know who we're signing in the summer, who's friends with who and I don't need clapping as I jeer and abuse my own players. 

If they told us that our next coach is going to be highly experienced what would we do with that info? It doesn't mean he's going to be any good. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What if they can't get the manager they want? What if they're taking their time selecting candidates? What message would it send to Wassall who needs to still believe this season can end well for him for him to do his best? 

They said we're sticking with Wassall until the end of the season 

I love the club too. But I don't need to know these things. I don't need to know who we're signing in the summer, who's friends with who and I don't need clapping as I jeer and abuse my own players. 

If they told us that our next coach is going to be highly experienced what would we do with that info? It doesn't mean he's going to be any good. 

I don't know how we can stick with Wassall until the end of he season, I really don't. The club needs a strong leader NOW (anyway there's enough threads about that) 

I think we as a collective fan group need to know how the search is going, is it progressing, do we have targets etc etc. You may not want to know but I do, I want to know. 

9 hours ago, clough08 said:

Apology accepted. Thanks.

Too early if anything. After today. I'll give it a try tomorrow but not optimistic

One more example of how fanboys bully newbie. Just this time the newbie is actually an elderly person.

and Mostyn accusing forum members of bullying DW? What a joke? Are Bill Gates and Barack Obama ever targets of bullying? Which is egg and which is high wall?

incredible.

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

With all the abuse aimed at players, players wives, managers. I don't really think Derby fans deserve anything. 

Even when going well I remember Whitbread and Shotton getting grief. Keogh and Keogh's missus. Bryson has had enough grief to hit back with a "shush". Martin had been called every name under the sun. Dawkins has been booed. Before last Christmas after defeats to Wigan and Leeds people began to question McClaren and his lack of tactical depth. The team was booed.

The team has been booed several times this season and not always after defeat. I've heard jeers at Johnson. More abuse for Keogh. More grief for Martin. Some stick aimed at Ince. Plenty of anger at Grant. Before Clement became wrongly sacked there were plenty questioning his position (the bloke with tactical depth)

When has the atmosphere ever been supportive before winning? And how little time has it taken for frustrated groans to start? 20mins? 30mins? What would you say? 

We love to blurt out "30,000 every week" but would you say it's an easy place to work? 

When Sam Rush sacked Nigel we went on this brilliant innocent climb. We went to Wembley really united. We even left Wembley thinking if we can keep this team together then we're in for a great season.

But since then it's been a tense horrible atmosphere. 

I'm not just blaming the fans. The club certainly hasn't gone forward in the last 12 months. 

But trying to putting yourself in the shoes of a neutral onlooker. Like when you look at Newcastle (and ignore their home and away att figures). Don't you think we deserve exactly where we are.

How many months have we spent outside the top 6 since losing under Nigel at the CG? Since our attendances were falling and the play offs a dream. After a decade of false horizons and lows lower than a Geordies bottom lip. Not many surely? 

I don't think we've handled it well at all. 

Does anyone actually enjoy it now? 

Think club and fans are getting what we deserve. The club for tinkering and the fans for arrogant expectation. 

Nail on the head.....

As I stated before SOS. Be careful what you wished for 

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I don't know how we can stick with Wassall until the end of he season, I really don't. The club needs a strong leader NOW (anyway there's enough threads about that) 

I think we as a collective fan group need to know how the search is going, is it progressing, do we have targets etc etc. You may not want to know but I do, I want to know. 

I agree. But the club have answered that question.

It's not that I don't want to know. It's just I understand why they aren't telling us. 

I think it would be highly unlikely that the club are watching this season and not out there making calls.

But if Wassall is on charge until the summer at least (let's assume our target is in work) and we announce we are identifying targets then what does this say to the players and coach that are still in the play offs. 

Look at Man City and their ridiculous decision to announce their summer change. They hoped that everyone would remain truly professional and want to go out on a high. But how can losing really hurt Pellegrini and the players. Pellegrini isn't fighting for his job. It's gone. The players don't need to prove anything to Pellegrini. So while I'm sure they all want to win, the powers that be have taken away some of the motivation for pushing harder and harder. Their future can't really be controlled by what they do now. 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

But if Wassall is on charge until the summer at least (let's assume our target is in work) and we announce we are identifying targets then what does this say to the players and coach that are still in the play offs. 

No-one really believes (except Mel?) that Wassall is in the running for the job come summer. The Man City analogy is exactly what is happening.

I've only read two pages of this thread so I may have missed some stuff, but the club doesn't owe the fans anything more than they've already given us.

Mel sacked the manager and gave his reasons. Some people won't accept his explanation, but it is what it is.

Mel has also said we will appoint a manager in June, indicating that our ideal target is already tied up with a club. I know it's painful now with Wassall but I'd rather we wait until June and get the best manager available to us rather than make an appointment now and then find in June there was someone better available.

I really don't see anything that the club is keeping from the fans, and given how Mel has invited fans around to have chats on a couple of occasions I'd actually say the club are very open about what's going on compared to other clubs.

Archived