Worst places to live in England

sage

Unfortunately for him, he's an English football supporter from the town of Grimsby. Nobby has everything a man from the poor English fishing town of Grimsby could want - 11 children and the most attractive girlfriend in northern England. 

A number of residents of Grimsby were angry with Baron Cohen portraying their town as a rubbish-strewn, violent ghetto in which drunks urinate from windows and mothers hand children cans of beer in the street.[19]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it depends on the criteria of said polls, is it wealth based or quality of life, ease of navigating through, the north is always going to score badly purely due to lack of investment, I think northern people are simply nicer than southerners :D

cant comment on Grimsby because I have never visited.

I know you're trolling but Grimsby does get a bad rap as the main road in off the motorway puts you straight in the run down areas around the town centre and docks. The docks are pretty much dead now anyhow. If you came in by the A16 and turned right at the collage round about you would see a different Grimsby.

You've got areas just as nice if not better than what Derby has to offer. I live in Scartho Top, new housing estate off Scartho which is pretty much the equivalent of Allestree. The Ember in 10 minute walk away regularly has Bentleys and Ferrari's parked up.

Think the Broadway and Duffield road up. 

15 minute drive away you have the rich club street with huge huge houses. 

Even Cleethorpes when you move away from the centre has really nice places to live. Holton Le Clay, Tetney again just as good if not better than what Derby has to offer.

If you went into Derby and only saw Normanton, Alvaston, Spondon, Sinfin you would think Derby was a dump which it is in large parts.

Oh and we have super fast internet unlike cart and horse land Belper, and the Grimsby film was filmed in Essex not even Grimsby ;) 

11 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I know you're trolling but Grimsby does get a bad rap as the main road in off the motorway puts you straight in the run down areas around the town centre and docks. The docks are pretty much dead now anyhow. If you came in by the A16 and turned right at the collage round about you would see a different Grimsby.

You've got areas just as nice if not better than what Derby has to offer. I live in Scartho Top, new housing estate off Scartho which is pretty much the equivalent of Allestree. The Ember in 10 minute walk away regularly has Bentleys and Ferrari's parked up.

Even Cleethorpes when you move away from the centre has really nice places to live. Holton Le Clay, Tetney again just as good if not better than what Derby has to offer.

If you went into Derby and only saw Normanton, Alvaston, Spondon, Sinfin you would think Derby was a dump which it is in large parts.

Oh and we have super fast internet unlike cart and horse land Belper, and the Grimsby film was filmed in Essex not even Grimsby ;) 

Know it well,used to live in Louth before retiring to Spain,and my brother lives in Holton le Clay,used to be a good pub in Tetney that did superb food

6 minutes ago, Daveo said:

im not trolling ? never been so cannot comment, I don't understand Bournemouth being on that list :huh:

Lincoln in general is a very nice county, love stopping in Horncastle to visit the antique shops when going to skeggy.

2 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Know it well,used to live in Louth before retiring to Spain,and my brother lives in Holton le Clay,used to be a good pub in Tetney that did superb food

Louth is nice, go up there a fair bit.....went in a pub the other week that had a small bar and 4 tables, never felt so uncomfortable ever, batman just stood there as if he was waiting for the dinner time rush. 

Pub in Tetney is it the one by the lock?

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Louth is nice, go up there a fair bit.....went in a pub the other week that had a small bar and 4 tables, never felt so uncomfortable ever, batman just stood there as if he was waiting for the dinner time rush. 

Were you in your Joker costume?

59 minutes ago, Daveo said:

That is the one,many years ago the landlord of the White Heart at Ludford,name of Cherry Webb,took over there,had many lockins there,by the way do you know an ex copper in Grimsby who supports The Rams called Cliff Barnes ?

6 hours ago, mozza said:

I read it as 'batman' too , but thought nothing of it , having met Daveo , i had visions on Delboy and Rodney racing along the streets of Grimsby Town Centre .. 

Daveo denies looking at all like Rodney. 

Archived