Who should play Left Wing? - Poll

sage

The wide-left position...  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lots of variety in the votes, but no one agreed with me, which I'm used to to be fair. It doesn't mean I'm wrong though ha ha

In the absence of a right footed winger, I would go with Butterfield in this position.

We need someone in this position who is right footed, who can pass and create and can beat a man in a tight situation and put the odd cross in with his left foot.. Whilst he wouldn't be a flying winger I think he could do a Dawkins style job with added goals and would show for the ball.

It would allow a midfield 3 of Thorne, Hendrick and Bryson to play at a high tempo and Olsson to overlap him..  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wingfieldram said:

It really is time that we gave Camara a start. He may be a bit one dimensional, but he has shown that he can beat a player and get the ball in the box........instead of passing the bleeder back!

He would be my second choice/sub. 

However the most positive thing I can say about his inclusion is he hasn't ruled himself out as much as Blackman and Weimann. 

15 minutes ago, sage said:

There are 6 people on the list who are left footed. I'm not sure it's an advantage in the way we play 433

I'm not sure that Ince is worthy of a place anywhere. 

1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

Ince on the left. Left footed.... weimann on the right who is right footed.... makes sense ? ? ?

Not really, if we had players in the box to whip balls into then it would but we don't. Our wide players like to cut in, having them cut in onto their weaker foot makes no sense. 

26 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Not really, if we had players in the box to whip balls into then it would but we don't. Our wide players like to cut in, having them cut in onto their weaker foot makes no sense. 

Play 442 and tell them to stop cutting in and play as actual wingers may help us.

Archived