POLL: What structure should be in place?

Mostyn6

What structure should be in place?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

I Think when clough was here the academy was run separately from the club,so that any change in the manager

would not affect the academy

Nigel helped with organising the academy and was instrumental in bringing in the coaches. It was Nigel's focus on the academy which led to it being developed. He wanted it that way because it was part of his strategy. 

And what Nigel did, we have carried on and added too.

That's what people are voting against. They want the academy to fall under the control of a manager. 

It's alright voting for a manager but what if you hire a bad one that makes big changes? Then the next one makes big changes the other way. Then back again.

Pretty soon the money dries up or isn't available. And the youth system dries up as there's a less clear route to the first team. 

We have an amazing youth set up. It can run independent of the senior set up. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

And what Nigel did, we have carried on and added too.

That's what people are voting against. They want the academy to fall under the control of a manager. 

It's alright voting for a manager but what if you hire a bad one that makes big changes? Then the next one makes big changes the other way. Then back again.

Pretty soon the money dries up or isn't available. And the youth system dries up as there's a less clear route to the first team. 

We have an amazing youth set up. It can run independent of the senior set up. 

Is it that amazing? It sounds and looks good, but what has it produced? Will and Jeff were already here before Clough and Wassall showed up - I'd say that it was more Nigel's willingness to play them than the academy's superb coaching that really developed them. Since then we've had Mason Bennett and Jamie Hanson. 

I'm not suggesting that the academy is poor or even not worthwhile. I would hope that the new 'supercharged' version would be even better. However, I aslo don't believe that it is producing enough to justify sacrificing the first team for. 

Just now, CornwallRam said:

Is it that amazing? It sounds and looks good, but what has it produced? Will and Jeff were already here before Clough and Wassall showed up - I'd say that it was more Nigel's willingness to play them than the academy's superb coaching that really developed them. Since then we've had Mason Bennett and Jamie Hanson. 

I'm not suggesting that the academy is poor or even not worthwhile. I would hope that the new 'supercharged' version would be even better. However, I aslo don't believe that it is producing enough to justify sacrificing the first team for. 

Rawson, Zanzala, Hanson and Lowe and one more will have or have had experience at this level this time next year. 

The U21's are highly rated and the 18's have suffered a bit because I think the u21's have pinched some to test them at a higher level. 

Archived