China

SaintRam

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really could be the next "big" league...

Endless amounts of money, no spending restrictions and as far as I'm aware no restrictions on overseas players (?)

A list of recent players to move there include...

Alex Teixera

Jo (ex Man City)

Gael Kakuta

Jackson Martinez

Stephane Mbia

Freddy Guarin

Gervinho

Ramires

Paulinho

Bids for Payet, Lavezzi, Jelavic... with the money on offer they're going to attract the sort of names the MLS is, but in the primes of their careers.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

This really could be the next "big" league...

Endless amounts of money, no spending restrictions and as far as I'm aware no restrictions on overseas players (?)

I think it's 3 per team and no foreign 'keepers at all.

I hope they keep chucking money around. Personally I'd love it if all the "big" players disappeared off to China and the USA because we might then have a chance of seeing British players playing in the English league and very hopefully player wages, agent fees and ticket prices might come down to reasonable levels.

10 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

one word "Japan"

Gary Lineker to Grampus Eight, what came of that league :lol:

Not even remotely comparable. This isn't a bunch of retirees going off for a quick buck, this is literally dozens of players in their prime being snapped up by clubs outpaying the European Giants. 

I fully expect to hear changes to the AFC rules regarding number of foreign players allowed in the coming years. Chinese clubs spending the megabucks is hardly new, but they spending the megabucks and actually convincing people not just to come, but in large numbers is. An interesting change may be happening before our eyes. 

Archived