The whole truth and nothing but...

North East Ram

Until the truth / facts are known, then there's far too many assumptions and supposition about this latest drama.

Mel is getting lots of grief but he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Only last night, loads of fans wanted Clement gone. Now he's gone, I notice some of the same fans are still up arms and completely changed tact.

Maybe we'll never know the full story but there's obviously a lot going on behind the scenes. 

Maybe Clement just isn't currently able to manage Derby County so Mel Morris has made a tough decision but will ultimately benefit us in the long run. 

Only 1 thing for it: support the team and get right behind em on Saturday.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

Until the truth / facts are known, then there's far too many assumptions and supposition about this latest drama.

Oh but where's the fun in that? 

People are saying that Mel and even Rush are the worst things to happen to this club in years. I'm speechless. 

1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

Oh but where's the fun in that? 

People are saying that Mel and even Rush are the worst things to happen to this club in years. I'm speechless. 

The only constant this season is that every passing day brings a new level of madness, paranoia and sensationalism. That's just me ;-)

The facts are that we have sacked our second manager in 10 months, for not embracing the Derby way.  If it's the right call to sack him, then it was the wrong one to hire him in the first place, Mel has got to take responsibility for that, and the least he can do is have the ******** to give a better reason for sacking him, than "it's the Derby way".  We don't need to know the little details, but is the Derby way to sack managers after just six months, or is it just that the Derby way isn't what PC originally signed up to??

49 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Even if its Baird?

I wasn't selecting a player to lead, just asking for decisiveness and consistency.

Hard to judge some of Derby's players, isn't it, on reflection, given their game-time, position given, and tactics?

Why have some squad members soon become 'leper' players or groan-inducing selections, now they're at Derby?

Summat's been wrong in the dressing room and with tactics, all through - sadly for Paul Clement.

My own preference? Shackell, Martin, or Thorne! Indecisive? Yes - but I don't get the best part of a million£££quid a season to make a choice and make it work!

1 minute ago, Woodypecker said:

I wasn't selecting a player to lead, just asking for decisiveness and consistency.

Hard to judge some of Derby's players, isn't it, on reflection, given their game-time, position given, and tactics?

Why have some squad members soon become 'leper' players or groan-inducing selections, now they're at Derby?

Summat's been wrong in the dressing room and with tactics, all through - sadly for Paul Clement.

My own preference? Shackell, Martin, or Thorne! Indecisive? Yes - but I don't get the best part of a million£££quid a season to make a choice and make it work!

Yes, I agree. That's the thing; what the hell had happened in that dressing room this season?

Also, as well as results and performances not being great, is there another reason? Has Clement done something so bad that he's warranted the push? Unless there's some decent contractual fine print, it must cost millions to get rid.

This is not to start silly rumours (and you'd be daft to unless you want suing) but just a rhetorical devils advocate. 

We may never know but it'd be nice to soon understand ALL the details, if possible. 

I think it's 'style' where Clement failed, versus the MM vision of DCFC,..I'd guess he wants something closer to the football that's been seen under Jim Smith, Dave Mackay....great, if we can crack that!

IF....:ermm:

Not to say that there weren't plenty of other problematic undercurrents that now seem to be coming to light (on message-boards, at least!)

Archived