Outclassed but not downhearted. We ain't that bad int, it

Curtains

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Bradley will come good mark my words and we were worse when him and Blackman went off right. 

If Clement is not going to use Johnson properly and in a system that he can utilize the best of his abilities then pointless having signed him for me. He adds nothing better than we had previous in the position he plays now. 

5 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

If Clement is not going to use Johnson properly and in a system that he can utilize the best of his abilities then pointless having signed him for me. He adds nothing better than we had previous in the position he plays now. 

All about opinions but you don't become a bad player in 6 weeks. 

Man U were different class last night but Bradley tried more than most to get near them .

Hendrick and Russell and Camara offered no more  and as I say we got worse when Thorne ,Blackman and Johnson went off. 

Same starting 11 and system against Preston please.  

I felt like the only player we couldn't deal with at all was Martial. He was the only player that we couldn't touch. 

Id have liked to have seen us replace a winger with Olson and play 5 at the back for the second half. 

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock Olson 

This would have given us pace out wide but it would have also have meant that Christie wouldn't have been left 1 on 1 with Martial every time... 

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Man U were different class last night but Bradley tried more than most to get near them .

Hendrick and Russell and Camara offered no more  and as I say we got worse when Thorne ,Blackman and Johnson went off. 

Don't get me wrong mate.. It's not his fault. Clement has tinkered since November time. Not quite on the front foot and it's not BJ type of game. He is just for me a player that does not improve us if PC insists on playing him in his current role. He isn't enough of a " footballer" to play there. 

3 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Don't get me wrong mate.. It's not his fault. Clement has tinkered since November time. Not quite on the front foot and it's not BJ type of game. He is just for me a player that does not improve us if PC insists on playing him in his current role. He isn't enough of a " footballer" to play there. 

So why was Bradley so successful when we won 5 out of his first 6 games and he was scoring goals .

Whats so different.

Could it be down to other parts of the team not working so well .

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

So why was Bradley so successful when we won 5 out of his first 6 games and he was scoring goals .

Whats so different.

One Derby scapegoat, there's only one Derby scapegoat....

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Bradley will come good mark my words and we were worse when him and Blackman went off right. 

Hendrick did significantly better than Johnson.

Don't get me wrong - Johnson is a cracking player on his day, but to deny he's been awful this year is quite absurd

46 minutes ago, curtains said:

Whats so different.

He played slightly more inside and forward... Not as defensive... We didn't keep asking him to drop back and work with Thorne... The whole shift however slight has put us into a completely different set up onto the front foot. Those tiny margins are all the difference at this level. Doesn't matter so much up in the prem as the quality and selection of passes are better. 

At our level if a pass is off then there is a lot of adjustment to position and some players adapt better than others. BJ has neither the house or speed to adjust in time so if you watch carefully it looks a lot like he is lost and just chasing shadows.. 

45 minutes ago, eddie said:

One Derby scapegoat, there's only one Derby scapegoat....

Been quite clear if that's directed at me Edward... Ball is in Clements court on Johnson. Play him properly and to his strengths or keep on seeing him struggle. 

The lad can play. We have seen him do really well at Leeds and Norwich but he certainly wasn't playing in our type of set up and style. 

28 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Been quite clear if that's directed at me Edward... Ball is in Clements court on Johnson. Play him properly and to his strengths or keep on seeing him struggle. 

The lad can play. We have seen him do really well at Leeds and Norwich but he certainly wasn't playing in our type of set up and style. 

Just a general observation - not aimed at anyone. It's more a reflection on the Radio Derby callers after the final whistle last night when we got back to the car. Six successive callers, six successive scapegoats - ALL different. The only thing in common the callers had was that self-assured divine right to criticise a different person at the club to the exclusion of all else. No compromise, no mitigating circumstances.

Simple people have a simplistic outlook, I suppose.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Just a general observation - not aimed at anyone. It's more a reflection on the Radio Derby callers after the final whistle last night when we got back to the car. Six successive callers, six successive scapegoats - ALL different. The only thing in common the callers had was that self-assured divine right to criticise a different person at the club to the exclusion of all else. No compromise, no mitigating circumstances.

Simple people have a simplistic outlook, I suppose.

Serves you right for listening to them... Last bloke who called RD with anything sensible to say rang from Stockholm. ;)

16 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Serves you right for listening to them... Last bloke who called RD with anything sensible to say rang from Stockholm. ;)

My first thought was 'Hmmm, that reminds me - I'm going to play some music - I haven't listened to that band in a while'.

So I put on an album by Tool.

Personally I was hoping for a bit more from us in terms of getting in their faces and trying to disrupt their passing game.

Wasn't expecting us to beat them but would hate to think that they look back on that game as the one that catalysed their season.

I didn't think we were brilliant - quite good in patches. My biggest concern would be our apparent fitness levels.

Was thoroughly peed off with the group of middle aged mancs in the local,  who every time United scored or came close were authoritatively stating "now THAT'S United! !"

Actually lads you haven't really been all that for a few years now.

I look back wistfully  on the bald eagles side when we seemed to give better United sides much closer games as a newly promoted side.

21 hours ago, curtains said:

Same starting 11 , but change the shape slightly!  Play 4 2 3 1 move bj out to the left and play Blackman or Ince behind Martin! 

Archived