Tennis

SaintRam

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

So Jamie Murray not only becomes the first Brit to win a doubles at the U.S open for 44 years but he's now won two doubles slams in a season. Since when did that ever happen? Really is well out of younger brother's shadow and truly a world class doubles player.

or, alternatively, a gallant nearly but not quite British loser stereotype..............................

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Murray now within 2 wins of becoming world no 1.

Just watched him play an amazing tie-break to win the first set against Berdych, coming from 6-1 down to win 11-9.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Andy Murray now within 2 wins of becoming world no 1.

Just watched him play an amazing tie-break to win the first set against Berdych, coming from 6-1 down to win 11-9.

Great Scot, who would have thought it.

Konta doing none too shabby in the women's elite b too, cementing herself as top 10, quite a staggering rise up the rankings; awarded most improved ladies player.

40 minutes ago, RAMalicious said:

World Number 1. Andy Murray!

The most staggering statistic is that in his last 12 tournaments, he has reached 11 finals.

That's Federer or Djokovic at their best form.

If he wins tomorrow (and he does seem to have the evil eye over John Isner), that will be 4 successive tournament victories - another incredible statistic.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It is a stunning story...fantastic achievement

His only poor performance (i.e. finishing below his ranking) since the start of May was losing to Nishikori in the quarter-final of the US Open. Apart from that, he has reached 12 finals, winning 9 of them.

43 minutes ago, eddie said:

His only poor performance (i.e. finishing below his ranking) since the start of May was losing to Nishikori in the quarter-final of the US Open. Apart from that, he has reached 12 finals, winning 9 of them.

Have you ever seen Djokovic make sooo many unforced errors against Murray or  anyone of late in a major final?

Murray has truly broken the big 3 stranglehold and he's right up there with them on merit.

Just now, Zag zig said:

Have you ever seen Djokovic make sooo many unforced errors against Murray or  anyone of late in a major final?

Murray has truly broken the big 3 stranglehold and he's right up there with them on merit.

I'm excited very excited, he's only 29 could have two or three really great campaigns left in him.

1 minute ago, froggg said:

I'm excited very excited, he's only 29 could have two or three really great campaigns left in him.

I think in the next couple of years he will complete the Grand Slam.

Archived