Alex Samizadeh

Carl Sagan

17-year-old forward from Notlob, ex of Man City, born in Iran, been spotted at Moor Farm and looks to be on the way to joining us:

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2016/01/24/bolton-hotshot-samizadeh-courted-by-derby-county.html

Has been prolific for their U18s. Not sure if this is one where we're allowed to nick a player because of our Category A status, or if a fee would be involved.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

One for development squad then? Doesnt fill one with much excitement.... we signed a shed load under mclaren and none got or getting a sniff.... bunjaku gone.... calero koblenz etc never been given a chance either.... 

They weren't really for the development squad as they  were an older group. 

We are doing it right now and getting better quality at an earlier age to develop because of our academy status. 

1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

One for development squad then? Doesnt fill one with much excitement.... we signed a shed load under mclaren and none got or getting a sniff.... bunjaku gone.... calero koblenz etc never been given a chance either.... 

Obviously you think that having an academy is a complete and utter waste of time.

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Calero got a game and a goal in last season's capital one cup. But agree they haven't got near the league squad. 

Of the current academy:

• Farrend Rawson (19) is in the Championship with Rotherham
  • Mason Bennett (19) is top of League One with Burton
  • Offrande Zanzala (19) is in League Two with Stevenage
  • Shaquille McDonald (20) is in the National League with Halifax Town
  • Max Lowe (18) will be around the first team when fit
  • Jamie Hanson (20) is around the first team

That doesn't include the likes of Will Hughes (20) as he's so estalished as a first-teamer and the second youngest England U21 international in history.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

Obviously you think that having an academy is a complete and utter waste of time.

More the opposite tbh. Think having an academy is fundamental to a club. My point is the players that were signed under mclaren.... and there was a fair few of them.... non been given the chance. Agreed hughes hanson and later hopefully lowe... have broke into first team and been a success but they are rare cases and none of them were actually signed to my knowledge and came through the ranks.

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

More the opposite tbh. Think having an academy is fundamental to a club. My point is the players that were signed under mclaren.... and there was a fair few of them.... non been given the chance. Agreed hughes hanson and later hopefully lowe... have broke into first team and been a success but they are rare cases and none of them were actually signed to my knowledge and came through the ranks.

But they were all older, and not for the academy. 

The appearance of bringing players through is a waste of time. Hanson should be playing in the U21s if he is not too old. he can still train with the first team squad. Getting into U21 Division One is vital so that they can play against better players. If not good enough then they will not be playing in the Premier, will they.

On 1/25/2016 at 17:24, Strange yearnings said:

Look out for the puns when he plays such as "Iran the length of the pitch" or " he is Tehraning with the first team"

I'll get me coat

You will be on the Persian carpet in Mel's Office for this, Strange yearlings

On 1/25/2016 at 17:24, Strange yearnings said:

Look out for the puns when he plays such as "Iran the length of the pitch" or " he is Tehraning with the first team"

I'll get me coat

Mascherano gets year's whatever over image rights. His accountant Strange earnings made no comment.

Archived