Our Support (or lack of?)

Wolfie20

Last night was a totally disappointing performance and that's putting it mildly. I accept that what's happening on the pitch generally determines the response of fans but did we do anything at all during the match to try and lift the team, help them through the game? Not in my hearing - the place was like a morgue, even in the first few minutes.

Good vocal support is easy when we're playing well, scoring goals and winning but it's worth so much more when players who are so obviously struggling with formations, poor form or whatever can hear (and more importantly feel) that the crowd is still behind them. They didn't get that last night when it was most needed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone acknowledges the atmosphere was crap last night, and has a tendency to be like that if the match is a bit boring.

More importantly, how do you change it? 

New songs?

Somehow grouping people together who will sing non-stop?

More drumming?

Something visual like flags during the game?

If anyone is up for contributing ideas/songs, would you be interested in meeting up over a pint to discuss at some point in the next couple of weeks?

We can't complain about it if we haven't tried to change it.

4 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

I think everyone acknowledges the atmosphere was crap last night, and has a tendency to be like that if the match is a bit boring.

New songs?

More drumming?

If anyone is up for contributing ideas/songs, would you be interested in meeting up over a pint to discuss at some point in the next couple of weeks?

@dcfcchants on twitter

We are the Derby fans

We are the super Rams

You know were right

We're Black and white

South stand were rubbish last night. I think we only heard the drummer once. Maybe two or three started up by a small part of the stand. No chants of Barmy Army, We are Derby, Forest are loosing!! nothing. I think the noisy lot must have been catching up their kip during the game.

You can stuff all your songs, all your chants, all your away fan baiting, your drumming, your big silly flags, the rubbish that comes over the tannoy pre match...................none of it works , it never has done.

Atmosphere is created by now't else than bloody good football and excitement on the pitch.

Last night we were dull. We have been for a long time. We didn't attack. We didn't play football. No shots, chances , headers.

7 minutes ago, rsmini said:

South stand were rubbish last night. I think we only heard the drummer once. Maybe two or three started up by a small part of the stand. No chants of Barmy Army, We are Derby, Forest are loosing!! nothing. I think the noisy lot must have been catching up their kip during the game.

Pre-match when the stadium announcer was trying to get things started and asked for a song from the south stand and they just stood in silence :lol:

14 minutes ago, CBE said:

You can stuff all your songs, all your chants, all your away fan baiting, your drumming, your big silly flags, the rubbish that comes over the tannoy pre match...................none of it works , it never has done.

Atmosphere is created by now't else than bloody good football and excitement on the pitch.

Last night we were dull. We have been for a long time. We didn't attack. We didn't play football. No shots, chances , headers.

Look at Leeds fans, they have had to put with sh*te football for years, but still create a better atmosphere then us. 

Moany old Derby. Said it for years. Our fans were even moaning when Cloughie and Mackay were winning league championships for us!! 

Watched football all over the world on every continent at all levels. There are clubs that wee all over us in the moaning stakes ( Real Madrid, Cologne, Arsenal) but we are a moany bunch for sure compared to many. In my 51 years it's pretty much always been like this. We are not naturally cheerful or buoyant people so it does take the team playing well to get us going I'm afraid. 

There was a period in 80s on popside when we had some semblance of self life going on. I've often wondered if the psychology of us being so rubbish therefore lower expectation came into play. Late 80s, Arthur Cox in charge and us finishing top half of div 1 and we were sat on our hands again. It's as I remember it at least.. Still, by birthright I'm a Ram. We might be a moany old lot but it's MY moany old lot. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Ever noticed there is an unusually large amount of homeless people at the IPoo? Or is that the usual attire, I'm not sure. 

Thanks for clarifying, you almost caught me for a second there.

4 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

New songs?

More drumming?

Bolded best possibility, just would need to act before next season's tickets comes available.

With all the social media around, grouping people shouldn't be that hard.

29 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Come on don't you play coy with me.. I've seen DCFC employees handing out free tickets in the town centre

My season ticket is free, and the club even pay for my away travel, otherwise I wouldn't bother, and neither would anybody else. That's the only reason our gate was 10,000 more than yours last night, Dawny, and why our away support kicks Forest's into touch.

Must be - can't think of any other reason.

Archived