Our Support (or lack of?)

Wolfie20

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Being totally serious I find the home support poor and have done for the last 15/20 years. I can't remember the last time I went to a Derby home game and came away and thought that was buzzing.  Too many turn up out of habit perhaps. Much prefer to see the Rams play away.

We're you at the 13-14 semi final? Or the 5-0 win over Forest? Or any of the 5 goals scored games? I think they were 'buzzing'. 

But I also think that people expect that every week and therein lies the problem. "We only sing when we're winning"!

Generally I much prefer the atmosphere at away games as we keep singing on even when we aren't playing well.  

At home games some of my neighbours don't even clap a good pass or shout out encouragement at corners. The guys behind me spend the whole game discussing how Chelsea and Man City are doing. If you want to support them bugger off to their games! 

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

We're you at the 13-14 semi final? Or the 5-0 win over Forest? Or any of the 5 goals scored games? I think they were 'buzzing'. 

But I also think that people expect that every week and therein lies the problem. "We only sing when we're winning"!

Generally I much prefer the atmosphere at away games as we keep singing on even when we aren't playing well.  

At home games some of my neighbours don't even clap a good pass or shout out encouragement at corners. The guys behind me spend the whole game discussing how Chelsea and Man City are doing. If you want to support them bugger off to their games! 

I think 'sing when you are winning (well)' is correct with a large majority of the home following.  I accept it might just be me, but I find my occasional visits to the Ipro quite sterile (and actually enjoy the pre or post-match banter more). As I said before I think there are many who go to home games out of habit, because it's a family tradition, etc. Many of those said fans leave before the end too.  Those who travel away want to make the whole day an event, and in the main go to 'support' rather than 'attend'. Enjoy the game today Angie.

Archived