Happy Birthday Paul

LesterRam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wolfie said:

Well the chances are, if you have a group of at least 22 people then 2 of them will share the same birthday. Strange but true.

Chances increase hugely when you hit 366.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Chances increase hugely when you hit 366.

I don't understand the maths of it at all, but your chances of sharing a birthday with a room of 365 other people are much shorter than 366/1.

I'm sure someone like Albert can explain it.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I don't understand the maths of it at all, but your chances of sharing a birthday with a room of 365 other people are much shorter than 366/1.

I'm sure someone like Albert can explain it.

Your chances of sharing a birthday, specifically you, I don't know the maths for.

I was just saying it's physically impossible for there to not be a pair with 367 people although I typo'd it as 366 lol. 

I also seem to recall it being 99% likely with 70 people and 50% likely with... 25? 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Your chances of sharing a birthday, specifically you, I don't know the maths for.

I was just saying it's physically impossible for there to not be a pair with 367 people although I typo'd it as 366 lol. 

I also seem to recall it being 99% likely with 70 people and 50% likely with... 25? 

When you have 367 the probability is 100%

30 players in the first team squad according to wiki, making the chance 70.6%.

Will be higher if you include coaching staff.

6 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

When you have 367 the probability is 100%

30 players in the first team squad according to wiki, making the chance 70.6%.

Will be higher if you include coaching staff.

100% that someone will share a birthday, but not 100% that would be you.  

Surely 30/365 is the correct odds for an individual, or do you mean 70% chance someone will share the same birthday?

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

100% that someone will share a birthday, but not 100% that would be you.  

Surely 30/365 is the correct odds for an individual, or do you mean 70% chance someone will share the same birthday?

Of a group of 30 people, there is a 70% chance that any two people will share a birthday.

16 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Of a group of 30 people, there is a 70% chance that any two people will share a birthday.

What's the % chance that you're one of them? and the % chance that Jake Buxton specifically shares a birthday with someone else?

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You lot know how to get the party started.

You start talking about statistics then you wake up two days later wearing leather. Usually anyway.

33 minutes ago, True Ram said:

Unless you are a woman ? they don't go past. 49 bloody years my missis has been 49 for the last 12 years thank god she doesn't know my user name

Does she read this forum?

Archived