New doors.

Ashz09

9 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

No - I'm in a conservation area in town, so it's not an option to go uPVC :(

I might just have to try and repair the old door

Some workmen only want easy jobs.

if you replaced it with wooden, have they told you what their preferred styles and colours are?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

I've finally got a decent credit card. I'm looking to buy some doors to be fitted as well. I'm looking for back door and front door of quality fitting.

My limit is around £1,200 for both doors.

You can get loads of bricks for half that price. Brick up your door areas - some windows too if you can keep within budget - and this will keep your house warmer and reduce the KWHs usage on your electricity. No thanks ness. I get pleasure from thinking I am helping.

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Try Safestyle.  I know they're a load of northern monkeys and their adverts are annoying but I had them fit double glazing throughout my gaff including a coloured front door with 8 point locks for £4k.  Had them for four years and, touch wood, haven't had any problems with them...

Don't know if you can touch wood with Safestyle - don't they only do upvc?

Are they from Burnley or some other God-forsaken hole nearby?

On 8 January 2016 at 18:56, Wolfie20 said:

Don't know if you can touch wood with Safestyle - don't they only do upvc?

Are they from Burnley or some other God-forsaken hole nearby?

Bradford.  They're customers of ours and they have a real tank parked in their car park.  No reason at all, other than its a tank...

52 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Got 2 quotes so far. One for £1600 and one for £2000 got a few more quotes to come had to search for a few a lot are doing offers yet when they come around they are more expensive! 

If it's large companies with the Young sales men never take there first offer.

you want a small one man bander who buys direct from a manufacturer. There's a few manufacturers in derby, especially ascot drive, if you were to call in one im sure they'd know a local fitter they could recommend.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If it's large companies with the Young sales men never take there first offer.

you want a small one man bander who buys direct from a manufacturer. There's a few manufacturers in derby, especially ascot drive, if you were to call in one im sure they'd know a local fitter they could recommend.

When I went to trade windows they seem to do that. That was one of my cheapest quotes and nice doors too. Got a friend who works for him self popping around who will be the cheapest etc just worried about any guarantee or if any!

It was a big company offered me £3000 for the front and back then 'Rang his boss' to get a mega deal of £2000 for that day only. Told them Ill think about it then it rised to 3-4 days big deal. Spoke to the Dad he had the same company delivered the doors with broken glass and smashed his tiles so yeah not good lol.

Archived