Lewis Walker

Bris Vegas

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In your opinion Bris, if we signed Blackman, would that be it for our striker signings?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the updates.

My colleague, who's a Boro fan, seems to think Ross McCormack is heading up that way. I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking on his part, but they're certainly keen.

1 minute ago, Chris Mills said:

Yes, he will push him towards Leicester so that he doesn't upset Forest. Not because Leicester are 2nd in the Premier League right now. Yup.

Exactly, any ambitious dad would want him at the top of the league!

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby have more than just the two deals lined this January, put it that way! Actually been told four or five. Let's see...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/05/gb-derby-and-leicester-battle-for-des-walkers-son/

Lewis Walker has agreed terms with both Derby County and Leicester City.

You seem to be told quite a lot about Derby transfer deals...Not sure why Mel does not just put you on the board of directors!

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

You seem to be told quite a lot about Derby transfer deals...Not sure why Mel does not just put you on the board of directors!

Ha! I think Mel would prefer to do Derby's business on the downlow. Problem is, it's almost impossible to do that with so many third parties about feeding information.

I usually only hear of developments, not inital links.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby have more than just the two deals lined this January, put it that way! Actually been told four or five. Let's see...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/05/gb-derby-and-leicester-battle-for-des-walkers-son/

Lewis Walker has agreed terms with both Derby County and Leicester City.

Owen Bradley says that's it for the Rams for incomings. So is there's four or five deals the other two or three must be outgoing? 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Owen Bradley says that's it for the Rams for incomings. So is there's four or five deals the other two or three must be outgoing? 

A new LB + Lewis Walker would make four. We'll have to see, but I think there is potentially more to come.

I can't see us passing up a good move. Blackman IMO was only brought in because it was too much of a tempting opportunity. If he doesn't do well, we could sell him for double the amount we paid in the summer.

Mel's arrival has certainly made transfer windows very interesting and entertaining!

To think we are now in a position to (seemingly) just have a pop at a couple of £2/3 million players as they presented too good an opportunity to pass up and get rid if it doesn't work out just goes to demonstrate the step change in the ambition and drive of the club when compared with even a couple of years ago...

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

A new LB + Lewis Walker would make four. We'll have to see, but I think there is potentially more to come.

I can't see us passing up a good move. Blackman IMO was only brought in because it was too much of a tempting opportunity. If he doesn't do well, we could sell him for double the amount we paid in the summer.

How do we do that?

56 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

How do we do that?

We don't. But he's only so cheap now because of his contract stuation.

The market in regards to strikers has inflated so much in recent seasons, that average players are going for 2m plus while good players are going for 5m plus.

Blackman is 26, has the best years still ahead of him and has already proven this season how much potential ability he has. 

I doubt we'd want to get rid of him after six months, but in the instance that he doens't settle, someone out there would take a punt on him for more than we're paying now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived