The Fawaz Circus 2016

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

£13m is for 15-16.  16-17 is a rolling retrospective limit of £6m for 14-16 + £13m for 15-16 + £13m for 16-17 - so any previous undershoots/overshoots effect the allowance for the current season.

That quote is from Forest's press release - the Football League have not yet officially confirmed it, whereas they have with Fulham. 

I did edit my post saying I was wrong on the limits.

and a google search of Fulham embargo lifted brings up no statement from the football league but loads reporting it being announced by the club. In fact their club website statement is very similar to Forests "Following confirmation from the Football League, this afternoon Fulham FC announced that its transfer embargo has officially been lifted, and that it is free to trade over the summer months."

both clubs have released articles telling us the league has lifted the embargo, yet you only believe Fulham. Forest state the name of the official who wrote to them, I seriously doubt the League would let there statement stay online if false.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, davenportram said:

the football league dint have to confirm it. Do you really think the football league would leave a statement naming one of their officials on a website stating something that is not true?

Dunno - let's try it, shall we?

Greg Clarke is a self-confessed Venusian replicant who made his money manufacturing ice cream flavoured with slug faeces.

Just now, eddie said:

Dunno - let's try it, shall we?

Greg Clarke is a Venusian replicant who made his money manufacturing ice cream flavoured with slug faeces.

difference is you obviously not being serious. Nor is this a website linked to the football league either.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

difference is you obviously not being serious. Nor is this a website linked to the football league either.

Am I so transparent?

1 minute ago, MrsRam said:

The comments are hilarious. 

this pleb:

"Not being disrespectful to the legend Kenny but I understand it was a little different in that Pearson met Fawaz but his agent indicated that they were waiting on offers from Villa and Newcastle so would not talk more in depth until he knew about his preferred options. When both of those fell over Fawaz understandably did not hurry to pick the phone up because ultimately he doesn't want Forest to be anyones 3rd choice or fall back option so was/is seeking candidates that are wanting the job - the greeks are being consulted but the decision and donkey work is still with Fawaz - there are a number of candidates that were not available in april who are now showing an interest and the calibre is much higher than before so patience will see Forest appoint someone who is a better fit than Pearson, I can see why people might jump on the critical assumptions here but it does seem like Mr Al Hasawi is acting more prudently than he has before which is a good thing in my eyes. Also Pearson used Forest in his negotiations with them, indicating that he had a firm contract offer (He did not) so they didn't interview persay just when straight to talking money and hastily appointed him and were chuffed to have snatched him away from Forest, paying him over the odds to snatch their man from under their rivals noses, the reality is that he was out of the running for his top 3 jobs and so Derby were his last option but knowing that they were unlikely to pick up the phone to the reds to verify his agents sales pitch he did them over! That said, if he manages to get the promoted you could argue that whatever he is paid will be worth it but his squad needs some attention for sure."

Because Mel is naïve enough to not do due diligence.

3 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

The comments are hilarious. 

f3e13976b9575936ec74e81eabd78d61.png

Fantastic :lol:

So according to this chap, Mel, who appointed an interim boss for nearly 4 months to avoid rushing the decision, has in fact rushed his decision and appointed Pearson without even properly interviewing him, just so he didn't go to Forest instead of us. 

Yeah we'd gamble the whole clubs future just to get one over florest by maybe appointing a manager they hadn't offered a job to. What an absolute muppet.

How sad is it that they've come to the point of making up fairy tales to placate their disappointment. Desperate to remain relevant as they slip away.

36 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

f3e13976b9575936ec74e81eabd78d61.png

Fantastic :lol:

So according to this chap, Mel, who appointed an interim boss for nearly 4 months to avoid rushing the decision, has in fact rushed his decision and appointed Pearson without even properly interviewing him, just so he didn't go to Forest instead of us. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that poster is none other than Jom/Mrs Browns Boys, who will always defend Fridgy against everyone in the face of logic. This is the clown who five or six years ago told everyone who would listen that Derby were going into administration. In short, he's a Walter Mitty, a fantasist - a buffoon.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that poster is none other than Jom/Mrs Browns Boys, who will always defend Fridgy against everyone in the face of logic. This is the clown who five or six years ago told everyone who would listen that Derby were going into administration. In short, he's a Walter Mitty, a fantasist - a buffoon.

Haha, I've seen him in action against Jimmy Gordon, who has posted all the time on Vital and LTLF..... Whose just about got everything right regarding Forest. A very sensible and realistic poster who calls it how he sees it, but gets constantly mocked by a few who are shall we say "blinkered"

I love that. They're expecting to get a better manager than Pearson. Maybe Clement has put a good word in for them with Carlo? 14 day cool off period on Jose's Man U contract? The levels of delusion are quite breath taking.

If their takeover goes through and the Greek bloke turns out to be a decent owner, they might attract someone of a reasonable stature - maybe Warnock or Warburton, although a foreign coach is perhaps more likely. If Fawaz remains in charge then I can only see Lee Clark or Andy Reid being desperate enough.

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Yeah we'd gamble the whole clubs future just to get one over florest by maybe appointing a manager they hadn't offered a job to. What an absolute muppet.

How sad is it that they've come to the point of making up fairy tales to placate their disappointment. Desperate to remain relevant as they slip away.

Sad? It's fecking hilarious! 

So, Fawaz took his time because it seemed unlikely to happen on the grounds that either Pearson thought he could do better than forest (FACT) or Pearson didn't really want the forest job or Pearson wanted conditions forest were not keep on, or best of all, Fawaz thinks Forest can do better.

Of course, the fact that they discussed it quite some time before we interviewed him......

Archived