The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Back to the football, bit of a letdown wasn't it? :lol: Just shows the gulf in class between the haves at the top of the PL and have nots in the football league

Didn't help for us that Vydra and Anya were cup tied, Wilson was injured and Pearson decided to rotate half the team whilst Liverpool still played most of their first 11 with the likes of Coutinho, Firmino and Henderson all starting. It was not a pleasant watch. :ermm:

I'm glad they let in that goal in the last minute though. I was about to come on here and call it a draw. Both loosing 3-0 at home to top class premier league opposition. No real points to score for anyone there. But then they went and lost 4-0, so they're still shitter than we are! Silver linings. 

4 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Didn't help for us that Vydra and Anya were cup tied, Wilson was injured and Pearson decided to rotate half the team whilst Liverpool still played most of their first 11 with the likes of Coutinho, Firmino and Henderson all starting. It was not a pleasant watch. :ermm:

He didn't really rotate half the team - the only changes that weren't forced were Baird, Johnson and Mitchell. And of those Johnson and certainly Mitchell made a case for more first team action in the league.

However we could have played any of our teams from the last 5 years and would still have got taken apart against what was basically the first string Liverpool side.

On 20/09/2016 at 16:08, Red_Dawn said:

Yep. And at our gaffe they do play.

How many academy players had game time at your place this season? 

As much as I hate to admit it I do think that your academy has been producing more decent quality players than us for a while. Or at least they are actually utilising some of the talent you are producing. Mel might have put a lot of money into our academy, but it is very rare any of the academy products actually get a chance in the team - money isn't everything as we have all seen. Elsnik and Lowe have only really played in the cup, so it'll be a while until we actually see them again now. We sold Hendrick, but Hughes is our best player, so that is something at least I suppose. We also don't have to trade any potential talent for a handful of magic beans like you guys, so that is also a positive.

42 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He didn't really rotate half the team - the only changes that weren't forced were Baird, Johnson and Mitchell. And of those Johnson and certainly Mitchell made a case for more first team action in the league.

Carson was ill, therefore the use of Mitchell was 'forced' too.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Carson was ill, therefore the use of Mitchell was 'forced' too.

Ye sit looked like a reserve team but with Carson, Forsyth, Shackell, Thorne Russell and Hanson injured plus Vydra Anya and Wilson cup tied  and Martin sent to Coventry/ Fulham  it was quite close to the strongest side he could put out. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ye sit looked like a reserve team but with Carson, Forsyth, Shackell, Thorne Russell and Hanson injured plus Vydra Anya and Wilson cup tied  and Martin sent to Coventry/ Fulham  it was quite close to the strongest side he could put out. 

Wilson wasn't cup tied. 

13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Thought he'd picked up a knock v bristol?

He did hence precaution against Liverpool game. He'll play on Saturday you watch.. :) 

Archived