The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I look at players like Knockaert for Brighton, I get more and more frustrated with our recruitment team. I mean, wtf were they doing??, where the hell did we waste that £25 million? We could have assembled an unbelievable squad for half of that. 

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

When I look at players like Knockaert for Brighton, I get more and more frustrated with our recruitment team. I mean, wtf were they doing??, where the hell did we waste that £25 million? We could have assembled an unbelievable squad for half of that. 

We have an unbelievable squad, it's just not been used correctly in recent times. 

Just now, Derbados said:

So every time you see a good player playing for another team you think the recruitment team are poor? (Will agree last January would indicate they are!) Do you ever look at Carson, Christie, Keogh, Forsyth, Bryson, Russell and Martin who probably cost about £5m combined and think we have also got some things right?!

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

So every time you see a good player playing for another team you think the recruitment team are poor? (Will agree last January would indicate they are!) Do you ever look at Carson, Christie, Keogh, Forsyth, Bryson, Russell and Martin who probably cost about £5m combined and think we have also got some things right?!

I don't doubt we got some right, obviously we have. The thing that annoys me is that players like forestieri, Knockaert, Gray etc etc were being mentioned by our fans for ages before being snapped up by other clubs. Ive questioned the capability of iur recruitment team for a while now, some of the signings weve made just don't make sense, it's like we just panicked and bought for the sake of buying 

Just now, Derbados said:

I don't doubt we got some right, obviously we have. The thing that annoys me is that players like forestieri, Knockaert, Gray etc etc were being mentioned by our fans for ages before being snapped up by other clubs. Ive questioned the capability of iur recruitment team for a while now, some of the signings weve made just don't make sense, it's like we just panicked and bought for the sake of buying 

For every one player mentioned by our fans that goes some where and does well, I imagine there are another 10 who go elsewhere and end up doing nothing.

Archived