Bad run of form

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Having ended the christmas and new year period with a draw and a defeat it sort of feels like a bad run of form, but you know what if this is a bad run of form i will take it, we are still 3rd in the form table (last 8 games which has had some tough games in it), with some games coming up that you have to fancy our chances we are going to get a decent points haul.

I reckon this team is still evolving, we will dip into the transfer market im sure to improve the squad. Here's to a great 2016 for derby fans....happy new year!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some might say the team is still gelling. I think our game has been pretty similar all season and this gelling drivel is just a myth. But what you said, evolving, is better word. New transfer window is open and some new faces will arrive.

Not worried about the form at all. Win next at home and everyting is fine.

This 'bad run of form' has been around for a long time, even as far back as the Wendy's game. Maybe even before that game, but I don't think of it as a bad run of form, more that we have odd games where we just do not play like a team at the top of the league, the Wendy's game they pressed us and forced our midfield deep and that sort took us out of the game, because we play a certain way. Fulham game we won but were not convincing again, again the Leeds game we got a point because we brought on Martin and Ince, but let's be honest Fulham and Leeds are nowhere near as good as Boro.

Yesterday until Paul decided to change it we contained Boro - yes I know Grant made a few good saves to keep us in the game but we never  really threatened Boro.

I think we need to either play 2 up using  Martin or bring in 2 strikers that can run at defenders and forget this target man system we are consistently playing.

Some on here are not going to like this , but we are not as good as some think we are.

Why are you so keen to change a system that's seen us lose just 3 times all year? 

Baffles me. Stick another striker up top and we're sacrificing the good defensive work we've achieved all year. 

Theres definitely some tweaking to do but I don't think there's a need for wholesale changes. 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Why are you so keen to change a system that's seen us lose just 3 times all year? 

Baffles me. Stick another striker up top and we're sacrificing the good defensive work we've achieved all year. 

Theres definitely some tweaking to do but I don't think there's a need for wholesale changes. 

agree - tweaking is needed not wholesale changes.

Just to show the fine margins by which promotion could be decided, consider this.

A blunder/mix-up involving our keeper v Leeds arguably cost us 2 points

A blunder/mix-up involving QPR's keeper in injury time gifted Hull two points, all in the space of 24 hours(?)

An advantage to Hull of 4 points.

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

It's only the 3rd of January. Disastrous to have lost three times already! ;)

On 1/3/2016 at 13:59, Phoenix said:

Just to show the fine margins by which promotion could be decided, consider this.

A blunder/mix-up involving our keeper v Leeds arguably cost us 2 points

A blunder/mix-up involving QPR's keeper in injury time gifted Hull two points, all in the space of 24 hours(?)

An advantage to Hull of 4 points.

I take your point, Phoenix

Archived